Dileo at Michigan Stadium, October 2012
|Michigan Wolverines — No. 9|
|Major: Movement science, School of Kinesiology|
|Date of birth:April 27, 1992|
|Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Weight: 180 lb (82 kg; 12 st 12 lb)|
|High school: Parkview Baptist High School, Baton Rouge, Louisiana|
|*2013 Outback Bowl|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at ESPN.com|
A native of Greenwell Springs, Louisiana, Dileo attended Parkview Baptist High School in Baton Rouge, where he became the only player in the school's history to accumulate 1,000 receiving yards and 5,000 all-purpose yards. He set the school's records with 73 catches for 1,193 yards and 14 touchdowns. He also played baseball as a second baseman and led the school's baseball team to consecutive state championships.
University of MichiganEdit
2010 and 2011 seasonsEdit
Dileo committed to play for the University of Michigan in April 2009 and enrolled in 2010. As a true freshman, Dileo appeared in seven games. As a sophomore, he appeared in all 13 games for the 2011 Michigan Wolverines football team, including Michigan's victory in the 2012 Sugar Bowl. He scored his first touchdown for Michigan on a pass from Denard Robinson against Eastern Michigan on September 17, 2011. On October 1, 2011, he caught a touchdown pass thrown by fellow receiver Vincent Smith in a victory over Minnesota. In Michigan's Sugar Bowl victory over Virginia Tech, Dileo threw a pass on a faked field goal that was tipped and caught by Michigan's long snapper for a first down at the Hokies' eight yard line. Dileo was also the holder on the game-winning field goal as time expired in the Sugar Bowl.
As a junior in 2012, Dileo has appeared in eight of the first nine games for Michigan. Playing against UMass on September 15, 2012, Dileo recorded a career high 91 receiving yards, including a 66-yard reception. In a 12-10 victory over Michigan State on October 20, 2012, Dileo improved on his career high with 94 receiving yards. Clutch receptions by Dileo set up three field goals for Michigan against Michigan State. Michigan trailed 10-9 when Dileo's 20-yard reception with 18 seconds remaining set up the game-winning field goal. Dileo also scored on a 45-yard touchdown pass from Devin Gardner in Michigan's 35-13 victory over Minnesota on November 3, 2012. In the broadcast of the Michigan-Minnesota game, the television announcers from the Big Ten Network "compared Dileo to Wes Welker, the New England Patriots' hustle man."
After the first 11 games of the season, Dileo had 16 receptions for 393 yards and a touchdown. He led the team with an average of 19.9 yards per reception.
In addition to receiving duty, Dileo has also returned punts and kickoffs for Michigan, and is the holder on extra points and placekicks. His versatility and work ethic have earned him the nickname, "Mr. Get It Done." Michigan's offensive coordinator Al Borges said of Dileo: "You need something done, send Drew. Whether it's holding for field goals, or needing an extra punt returner or running an option route, send Drew. He'll do it. Drew isn't going to make any errors. He's going to catch anything he can get to."
- ↑ "Drew Dileo Profile". University of Michigan.
- ↑ "Dileo shows value for Parkview Baptist". The Advocate (Baton Rouge, LA). December 5, 2007. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=AD&p_theme=ad&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=11D5C90E497858D0&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM.
- ↑ Kyle Meinke (January 9, 2012). "Michigan receiver Drew Dileo has close connections to national title game, including LSU's quirky Aussie". AnnArbor.com. http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/michigan-receiver-drew-dileo-has-close-connections-to-national-title-game-including-lsus-quirky-auss/.
- ↑ Mike Strom (May 1, 2009). "Parkview Baptist WR Drew DiLeo commits to Michigan". The Times Picayune. http://highschoolsports.nola.com/news/article/-6031761850173378106/parkview-baptist-wr-drew-dileo-commits-to-michigan/.
- ↑ "Parkview Baptist's Dileo commits to play at Michigan". The Advocate (Baton Rouge, LA). May 1, 2009. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=AD&p_theme=ad&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=127EDA261C9FBE58&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM.
- ↑ Dave Birkett (February 1, 2010). "Dangerous Drew Dileo ready to sign with Michigan football team Wednesday". AnnArbor.com. http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/dangerous-drew-dileo-ready-to-sign-with-michigan-on-wednesday/.
- ↑ "Taking it to the House: Parkview's Dileo ready to bring big-play game to Michigan". The Advocate (Baton Rouge, LA). July 14, 2009. http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=AD&p_theme=ad&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=12973DFC4F35C0C8&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM.
- ↑ Kyle Meinke (December 25, 2011). "Michigan receiver Drew Dileo is headed home to land of gators and gumbo for Sugar Bowl". AnnArbor.com. http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-football/drew-dileo-michigan-football-louisiana-christmas-gator-hunting/.
- ↑ "Former Parkview Baptist standout Dileo returns home to play in Sugar Bowl with Michigan". The Times Picayune. December 30, 2011. http://www.sportsnola.com/homepage/578883-former-parkview-baptist-standout-dileo-returns-home-to-play-in-sugar-bowl-with-michigan.html.
- ↑ "Michigan wide receiver Drew Dileo will be right at home in the Superdome". Detroit Free Press. December 30, 2011. http://www.freep.com/article/20111230/SPORTS06/112300410/Michigan-wide-receiver-Drew-Dileo-will-be-right-at-home-in-the-Superdome.
- ↑ Ryan Autullo (December 30, 2011). "UM's Dileo glad to return to Louisiana". The Toledo Blade. http://www.toledoblade.com/Michigan/2011/12/30/UM-s-Dileo-glad-to-return-to-Louisiana.html.
- ↑ "Game summary". USA Today. http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/ncaaf/game/EasternMichigan_Michigan/2011/09/17#box-score.
- ↑ Brett Martel (January 4, 2012). "Michigan beats Va. Tech in Sugar Bowl, 23-20". Yahoo Sports (AP story). http://news.yahoo.com/michigan-beats-va-tech-sugar-bowl-23-20-051141473--spt.html.
- ↑ Michael Florek (January 4, 2012). "Fake field goal gives Glanda a shot at glory". http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/fake-field-goal-gives-glanda-shot-glory.
- ↑ Chantel Jennings (October 21, 2012). "Drew Dileo's career game lifts Wolverines". ESPN.com. http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/colleges/michigan/post/_/id/7868/drew-dileos-career-game-lifts-wolverines.
- ↑ "Michigan's Drew Dileo is the big man on campus". Detroit Free Press. October 22, 2012. http://www.freep.com/article/20121022/SPORTS06/121021036/maize-n-brew-michigan-wolverines-football-drew-dileo.
- ↑ Kyle Meinke (September 18, 2012). "WR Drew Dileo posts career day, becoming latest wideout to come up big for Michigan". Mlive.com. http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/09/wr_drew_dileo_posts_career_day.html.
- ↑ "Drew Dileo's grab sets up Michigan for late FG over Michigan State". Detroit Free Pres. October 21, 2012. http://www.freep.com/article/20121021/SPORTS06/310210383/Drew-Dileo-s-grab-sets-up-Michigan-for-late-FG-over-Michigan-State.
- ↑ Luke Pasich (October 20, 2012). "Dileo propels Michigan offense with career day". The Michigan Daily. http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/dileo-propels-michigan-offense-career-day.
- ↑ "Central's Dileo Key to Michigan Victory: From Hooper Rd. To Parkview to Ann Arbor, Mich., Dileo Makes Mark". Central City News. October 25, 2012. http://centralcitynews.us/?p=6387.
- ↑ "Devin Gardner Scrambles, Throws Touchdown Pass To Drew Dileo In Michigan Win Over Minnesota". The Huffington Post. November 3, 2012. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/03/devin-gardner-scrambles-touchdown-pass-dileo_n_2069178.html.
- ↑ Adam Biggers (featured columnist) (November 6, 2012). "Michigan Football: Drew Dileo Has Become an X-Factor, One of Wolverines' Top WRs". Bleacher Report. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1398416-michigan-football-drew-dileo-has-become-an-x-factor-one-of-wolverines-top-wrs.
- ↑ "Michigan Football Statistics (11-game Totals)". University of Michigan. November 17, 2012. http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/111712aaf.html.
- ↑ "Michigan's Drew Dileo is Mr. Get It Done". Detroit Free Press. October 27, 2012. http://www.freep.com/article/20121027/SPORTS06/121027012/michigan-wolverines-drew-dileo.
- ↑ "Drew Dileo comes up big again for Michigan: As wide receiver, kick holder, role model, he produces in the clutch". Detroit Free Press. October 28, 2012. http://www.freep.com/article/20121028/SPORTS06/310280292/Drew-Dileo-comes-up-big-again-for-Michigan.
- ↑ Angelique S. Chengelis (October 27, 2012). "Michigan's Drew Dileo shows knack for making big plays". The Detroit News. http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121027/SPORTS0201/210270327.