Inman with the San Diego Chargers in 2014
|Date of birth:January 31, 1989|
|Place of birth: Charleston, South Carolina|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Jacksonville Jaguars ( 2011)*|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*100th Grey Cup champion|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Dontrelle Javaar Inman (born January 31, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Los Angeles Chargers of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He was a Grey Cup champion with the Toronto Argonauts in 2012. He played college football at Virginia.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3 in||198 lb||4.47 s||1.60 s||2.63 s||4.13 s||6.53 s||34 in||9 ft 10 in||11 rep|
In 2012, Inman signed with the Toronto Argonauts of the Canadian Football League. In his rookie CFL season, Inman recorded 50 receptions for 803 yards and five touchdowns. Inman went on to win the 100th Grey Cup with the Argonauts.
In 2013, Inman recorded 50 receptions for 739 yards and six touchdowns. On June 28, 2013, Inman was pressed into punting duties after an injury to starting kicker Swayze Waters during a game against the visiting Hamilton Tiger-Cats. In that game, Inman recorded three punts for a total of 88 yards, yielding a 29.3 yard punting average.
On December 24, 2013, the Argonauts released Inman so he could explore NFL opportunities.
San Diego / Los Angeles ChargersEdit
On January 6, 2014, Inman signed a reserves/futures contract with the San Diego Chargers. In his first preseason game as a Charger, Inman had three receptions for 107 yards against the Dallas Cowboys, including a 70-yard touchdown in the third quarter. Inman secured his spot on the 53-man roster with another impressive performance in his last preseason game, leading receivers with three receptions for 54 yards. Inman caught his first NFL pass on Saturday December 20 against the 49ers, his 17-yard gain helped set up Malcom Floyd’s game-tying touchdown and the Chargers’ eventual win in overtime. Inman had seven catches for 79 yards overall in the victory. In the final game of the 2014 NFL season Inman added 5 receptions for 79 yards. He would finish the season with 12 catches for 158 yards (13.2 yards per catch) in two games.
By the end of the 2015 preseason Inman survived the cuts and made the 53 man roster. On October 4, 2015 against the Cleveland Browns Inman stepped in for the injured Malcom Floyd and caught a clutch 68-yard catch and run. On October 18 against the Green Bay Packers, Inman caught a touchdown with no time left on a fourth down. Inman finished the game with 18 yards and a touchdown playing in for an injured Keenan Allen. A few weeks later, Inman had 5 receptions for 65 yards and 1 touchdown against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Against the Miami Dolphins, Inman had three receptions for 78 yards. The very next week on Christmas Eve against the Oakland Raiders, Inman had eight receptions for 82 yards and scored one touchdown. Inman also saw snaps at safety during that game because the Chargers had run out of safeties due to injuries. Inman finished the 2015 season playing 14 games, recording 35 receptions for 486 yards and scoring three touchdowns.
In 2016, the Chargers picked up Inman's one-year tender for $600,000.
On March 9, 2017, the Chargers placed a second-round tender on Inman. He officially signed his tender on April 25, 2017. On May 20, 2017, it was revealed that Inman underwent core muscle surgery.
New England PatriotsEdit
Los Angeles Chargers (second stint)Edit
On August 20, 2019, Inman signed with the Los Angeles Chargers.
- ↑ Dontrelle Inman | Virginia, WR : 2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile
- ↑ Argos release wide receiver Dontrelle Inman
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (March 9, 2017). "Dontrelle Inman, Adrian Phillips Among Eight Players Tendered by Bolts". https://www.chargers.com/news/dontrelle-inman-adrian-phillips-among-eight-players-tendered-by-bolts-146306.
- ↑ Henne, Ricky (April 25, 2017). "Dontrelle Inman Signs One-Year Tender". https://www.chargers.com/news/dontrelle-inman-signs-one-year-tender-147178.
- ↑ Bergman, Jeremy. "Dontrelle Inman has core surgery, will return by camp". NFL. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000810035/article/dontrelle-inman-has-core-surgery-will-be-ready-for-camp?. Retrieved May 20, 2017.
- ↑ Shook, Nick (October 25, 2017). "Bears acquire Dontrelle Inman in trade with Chargers". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000867058/article/bears-acquire-receiver-dontrelle-inman-in-trade-with-chargers.
- ↑ "Roster Moves: Colts Sign Free Agent WR Dontrelle Inman; Place WR Marcus Johnson On IR". October 16, 2018. https://www.colts.com/news/roster-moves-colts-sign-free-agent-wr-dontrelle-inman-place-wr-marcus-johnson-on.
- ↑ Alper, Josh. "Patriots release Dontrelle Inman". https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/18/patriots-release-dontrelle-inman/. Retrieved August 18, 2019.
- ↑ Smith, Michael David (August 20, 2019). "Chargers bring back Dontrelle Inman". Pro Football Talk. NBC Sports. https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/20/chargers-bring-back-dontrelle-inman/.
- ↑ "Dontrelle Inman". http://www.nfl.com/player/dontrelleinman/2530700/profile.