DeCicco (58) in 2011
|No. -- Chicago Bears|
|Date of birth:September 11, 1988|
|Place of birth: Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania|
|High School: Jefferson Hills (PA) Jefferson|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 230 lb (104 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Chicago Bears|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Dominic John DeCicco (born September 11, 1988) is an American football linebacker for the Chicago Bears of the National Football League. He was signed by the Bears as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Pittsburgh.
DeCicco went to Thomas Jefferson High School, where he played wide receiver, quarterback, safety, cornerback, and kick/punt returner. He was called one of the most diverse athletes in the state his senior year throwing for over 1,000 yards, rushing for over 1,000 yards, and also returning a kick and punt for a touchdown. He would go on to win one PIAA and two Western Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic League championships. DeCicco was also a four-year letterman in basketball and 1,000-point scorer.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Dom DeCicco|
|Jefferson Hills, Pennsylvania||Thomas Jefferson||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||196 lb (89 kg)||4.59||Jun 17, 2006|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Rivals: 21|
DeCicco played for the Panthers as a strong safety. As a true freshman in 2007, DeCicco played in 10 games primarily on special teams, and garnered six tackles. In 2008, he played in all 13 games, while starting 11 at safety, recording 56 tackles and a team high four interceptions. In 2009, he was named to the second team All-Big East team after having 88 tackles, three interceptions, and a forced fumble. He also was named Big East Defensive Player of the Week for week 8 against the USF Bulls, where he recorded 10 tackles. DeCicco ranked seventh among Big East defenders with 7.8 tackles per game.
DeCicco went undrafted in the 2011 NFL Draft, and was signed by the Bears. He played in all 16 games, and recorded 17 special teams tackles, which ranks second on the team. In 2012, DeCicco filled in for Brian Urlacher at middle linebacker during OTAs while he was out with a knee injury. On August 29, DeCicco was released by Chicago. On December 4, DeCicco was brought back by the Bears on a two-year contract.
- ↑ http://www.pittsburghpanthers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/decicco_dom00.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Bears agree to terms with 26 rookies". Chicagobears.com. 2011-07-26. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?STORY_ID=7988. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "Dom DeCicco to sign with Bears". TribLIVE. 2011-07-26. http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_748448.html. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "Dom DeCicco – Yahoo! Sports". Rivals.yahoo.com. 2006-06-17. http://rivals.yahoo.com/pittsburgh/football/recruiting/player-Dom-DeCicco-48682. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "Dom DeCicco | Pittsburgh, SS : 2011 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile". Nfldraftscout.com. 2006-09-21. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=69591&draftyear=2011&genpos=SS. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "Dom DeCicco". Nfldraftbible.com. 2006-12-24. http://www.nfldraftbible.com/Players/List/2011-Big-Board/Dom-DeCicco.html. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "DeCicco is gaining experience in OTAs". Chicagobears.com. 2012-05-29. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/NewsStory.asp?story_id=8837. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- ↑ "Chicago Bears waive injured linebacker Dom DeCicco, re-sign wide receiver Terriun Crump – ESPN Chicago". Espn.go.com. 2008-01-01. http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/8315616/chicago-bears-waive-injured-linebacker-dom-decicco-re-sign-wide-receiver-terriun-crump. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (2012-12-04). "Bears sign DeCicco, waive Trahan". Chicago Bears. http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-sign-DeCicco-waive-Trahan/e669e34c-155e-459c-9342-09829e96ca06. Retrieved 2012-12-04.