Briscoe at Redskins training camp in 2012.
|No. 19 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:August 31, 1989|
|Place of birth: Dallas, Texas|
|High School: Cedar Hill (TX)|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 210 lb (95 kg)|
|NFL Draft: 2010 / Round: 6 / Pick: 191|
|Debuted in 2010 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 9, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Dezmon Jerrod Briscoe (born August 31, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the sixth round of the 2010 NFL Draft. He played college football at the University of Kansas.
Briscoe was born in Dallas, Texas. He attended Cedar Hill High School in Cedar Hill, Texas, where he played for the Cedar Hill Longhorns high school football team. He played varsity for two seasons. As a senior in 2006, he recorded 37 receptions for 708 yards and 11 touchdowns as part of a state championship team. He received scholarship offers from Boise State, Houston, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma State, TCU and Tulsa. Briscoe was on the very first Cedar Hill state championship team as a senior.
He enrolled at the University of Kansas where he majored in physical education. Briscoe saw action as a true freshman in Kansas in all 13 games including 11 starts. He recorded 43 receptions for 496 yards and seven touchdowns. Briscoe set the school record for a freshman for number of touchdown receptions. The Sporting News named him an honorable mention freshman All-American.
In 2008, he recorded 92 receptions for 1,407 yards and 15 touchdowns. His marks for both receiving yards and touchdowns set new school records. Against Oklahoma, he set a school record for single-game yards with 269 and the most by any individual in the NCAA during the 2008 season. Briscoe also set school records with seven 100-yard games in a season, four consecutive 100-yard games, and 22 career touchdowns. In the regular season finale against Missouri, Briscoe saw his first action as a kickoff returner and recorded seven returns for 195 yards. In the 2008 Insight Bowl against Minnesota, Briscoe caught 14 receptions, which tied the school record for a single game, and returned one kickoff 24 yards. He was named the game's most valuable offensive player. Sports Illustrated named him an honorable mention All-American. Briscoe was also named to the All-Big 12 Conference second team.
Briscoe ended his three-year college career as the Kansas all time leader in receiving yards. His career totals are 208 receptions for 3,240 yards and 31 touchdowns.
2010 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||207 lb||4.66 s||1.60 s||2.68 s||4.57 s||7.10 s||33 in||9 ft 7 in||9 rep|
Briscoe was drafted by the Cincinnati Bengals in the sixth round with the 191st overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft. He signed a four-year deal with the team on June 25, 2010. Briscoe was then waived on September 4 during final cuts.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
On September 5, 2010, Briscoe signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. On November 30, 2010, he was promoted to the active roster from the practice squad. He made his first career touchdown reception in Week 17 of the 2010 season against the New Orleans Saints.
Briscoe played all 16 games, starting two of them, in the 2011 season and recorded 35 receptions for 387 yards and six touchdowns.
He was released on waivers July 26, 2012.
- Player Bio: Dezmon Briscoe, University of Kansas, retrieved August 4, 2009.
- Dezmon Briscoe, Rivals.com, retrieved August 4, 2009.
- Briscoe to forgo senior year at Kansas, ESPN.com, retrieved December 4, 2009.
- NFL Combine Profile
- Draft Scout Profile
- Cincinnati Bengals Select Briscoe in Sixth Round, KUAthletics.com, retrieved April 24, 2010.
- Former KU receiver Dezmon Briscoe waived by Bengals, KUSports.com, retrieved September 4, 2010.
- Bucs make several roster moves, MiamiHerald.com, retrieved November 30, 2010.
- Tinsman, Brian (July 28, 2012). "Redskins Sign Briscoe, Waive Hernandez". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Briscoe-Waive-Hernandez/f4e7e2f0-cbfe-4f83-8cf7-21baadb3e426. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- Maske, Mark (July 27, 2012). "Redskins claim WR Dezmon Briscoe". WashingtonPost.com. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-claim-wr-dezmon-briscoe/2012/07/27/gJQAWfFfEX_blog.html. Retrieved 2012-07-28.
- Dezmon Briscoe on Twitter
- Kansas Jayhawks bio
- Washington Redskins profile
- NFL Combine profile
- ESPN stats