|No. 23, 31|
|Date of birth:April 29, 1970|
|Place of birth: Sugar Land, Texas|
|Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Weight: 178 lb (81 kg)|
|College: Texas A&M|
|NFL Draft: 1993 / Round: 3 / Pick: 75|
|Debuted in 1994 for the Philadelphia Eagles|
|Last played in 1996 for the Indianapolis Colts|
|* Philadelphia Eagles ( 1993− 1995)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 1996|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Derrick Lothair Frazier (born April 29, 1970) is a former American football cornerback in the National Football League. He was drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round of the 1993 NFL Draft and played for the team from 1993−1995. He played for the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys in 1996. He played college football at Texas A&M.
Frazier was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round (75th overall) of the 1993 NFL Draft with a pick obtained from the Houston Oilers in a trade. On July 14, 1993, Frazier signed two one-year contracts with the team with an option year. While competing for the starting left cornerback job in the preseason, he injured his right knee during an American Bowl loss to the New Orleans Saints in Tokyo on July 31. He was placed on injured reserve on August 24.
Frazier played in twelve games in 1994 with a fumble recovery and three tackles. After Eric Allen left the team following the season, Frazier was expected to start at right cornerback in 1995. After starting the first four games of the season, Frazier was benched in favor of rookie Bobby Taylor. Frazier had 26 tackles and one interception in 1995.
Following the 1995 season, Frazier signed with the Indianapolis Colts after his contract expired with the Eagles. He broke his right arm early in the 1996 season, but managed to start in four games for the Colts and record 13 tackles. He was waived in the first week of December and was signed by the Dallas Cowboys.
- ↑ Wilner, Barry (April 26, 1993). "NFL teams wheel and deal through draft". The Item. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=MFQvAAAAIBAJ&sjid=xdoFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1780,6591280. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ Patton, Steve (July 15, 1993). "Byars reportedly signs with Miami". Reading Eagle. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=LWQxAAAAIBAJ&sjid=O6IFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1659,6430072. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ Patton, Steve (July 27, 1993). "World traveler Miano fits in well". Reading Eagle. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=z6okAAAAIBAJ&sjid=NqEFAAAAIBAJ&pg=5929,6903939. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ Litsky, Frank (August 8, 1993). "Pro Football; Scrambling Leader, Scrambled Team". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/08/sports/pro-football-scrambling-leader-scrambled-team.html. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ "Transactions". New York Times. August 24, 1993. http://www.nytimes.com/1993/08/24/sports/transactions-756993.html. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ Patton, Steve (May 1, 1995). "Taylor back on the defensive". Reading Eagle. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=UxkyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=D6IFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1529,164136. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Patton, Steve (July 30, 1996). "Birds acquire Griffin for corner insurance". Reading Eagle. http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=-FQlAAAAIBAJ&sjid=56UFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1474,8356779. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ "Woodson's Statistics: 6 Points, 1 Suggestion". New York Times. September 10, 1996. http://www.nytimes.com/1996/09/10/sports/woodson-s-statistics-6-points-1-suggestion.html. Retrieved 2011-06-18.
- ↑ "The Beat". Sports Illustrated. February 4, 2002. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1147230/index.htm. Retrieved 2011-06-18.