|No. 88, 83|
|Wide Receiver/Defensive Back|
|Date of birth:January 17, 1961|
|Place of birth: Riverside, New Jersey|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|*Michigan Panthers (1983–1984)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*LED USFL in 1983 with 19.8 yards per catch|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Derek Lance Holloway (born January 17, 1961 in Riverside Township, New Jersey) is a former wide receiver in the United States Football League, the National Football League, the Canadian Football League, the World League of American Football and the Arena Football League.
High school career
Holloway played high school football at Palmyra High School in Palmyra, New Jersey. He led the state in scoring his senior year, 1978, scoring a record 188 points including 31 touchdowns and two extra points. That year, his team won the South Jersey Group I [small school] championship.
Holloway played college football at the University of Arkansas. He set a variety of school records, including most receiving yards in a bowl game and longest scoring reception in a bowl game (both in the 1981 Gator Bowl). He led the Southwest Conference in kickoff returns in 1982.
Holloway also played for the 1983 USFL Champion Michigan Panthers where he scored the first two touchdowns in the first ever Championship Game in Denver, Colorado. He later played for the Oakland Invaders after the Panthers merged with them.
Holloway played with the Detroit Drive of the Arena Football League in 1992, helping the Drive with their 4th ArenaBowl Championship. He made a comeback in 1999 when he signed with the Buffalo Destroyers.
- Derek Holloway profile Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., database Football. Accessed August 6, 2007.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-07. https://web.archive.org/web/20111107034234/http://www.njsiaa.org/sports/2011history/11footballchamphistory.pdf. Retrieved 2011-08-21.
- http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/pdf4/80888.pdf[dead link]
- "Archived copy". http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=214518.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-03-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20160304035127/http://www.thepennrelays.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1720&ATCLID=1403796. Retrieved 2013-03-30.