|Date of birth:June 22, 1987|
|Place of birth: Akron, Ohio|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 4 / Pick: 119|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2011– 2012)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*Mr. Football Award (Ohio) (2005)|
Delone M. Carter (born June 22, 1987) is a former American football running back. He played college football at Syracuse and was drafted by the Indianapolis Colts in the fourth round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Prior to college, Carter played for the Copley Indians at Copley High School.
Carter rushed for 1,233 yards on 231 carries and nine touchdowns as a senior. He was named the MVP of the 2010 Pinstripe Bowl after rushing for 198 yards on 27 carries and two touchdowns. He was also the offensive MVP of the 2011 East–West Shrine Game. Carter currently ranks third on the Syracuse all-time rushing yards list with 3,104.
Carter was selected by the Indianapolis Colts with 119th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft. Prior to the draft, he was considered one of the better running back prospects for the 2011 NFL Draft. During his rookie season, he rushed 101 times for 377 yards, and 2 touchdowns.
Carter was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on December 9, 2013. He was released on May 12, 2014.
- Syracuse senior Delone Carter rushes for 198 yards, named Pinstripe Bowl MVP
- "MVP Award Recipients". 2017. http://www.shrinegame.com/past-inductees-mvp. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- NFL Draft Scout
- Indianapolis Colts Season
- Sessler, Marc (August 21, 2013). "Colts trade Delone Carter to Ravens for David Reed". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232470/article/ravens-trade-delone-carter-to-colts-for-david-reed. Retrieved August 21, 2013.