|Date of birth:March 7, 1988|
|Place of birth: Heaton Moor, Stockport|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 6 / Pick: 168|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|*Minnesota Vikings ( 2011− 2013)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*2010 Preseason All-SEC First Team|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Demarcus Love (born March 7, 1988) is an American football offensive tackle who is currently a free agent. He played college football at the University of Arkansas. Love was selected with the 168th overall pick in the 2011 NFL Draft by the Minnesota Vikings.
High school careerEdit
Love attended David W. Carter High School, in Dallas, Texas, where he was a teammate of Michael Crabtree. He was a starter at offensive tackle as a sophomore before being replaced by Curtis Bailey, and moved to offensive guard for his junior and senior seasons for Coach Allen Wilson. As a senior, he helped his team to an 11-1 record and a second-round state playoff berth in the state's largest classification (5A).
After redshirting his initial year at Arkansas, Love played in eight games and started the final three contests of the 2007 season at right guard against Mississippi State, LSU and Missouri in the Cotton Bowl. In 2008, he started eight games for the year, all at strong guard, and played in 11.
In his junior season, Love started all 13 games for the Razorbacks and was a member of an offensive line which blocked for a unit that led the SEC in scoring offense (36.0). For his senior season, he was moved to left tackle. He was named Preseason All-SEC First Team in 2010.
Love was selected with the 168th overall pick in the 6th round of the draft by the Minnesota Vikings. He was inactive for all 16 Regular Season games in the 2011 season despite making the team out of training camp.
After the arrival of fellow offensive tackle Matt Kalil, Love made a deal to give Kalil his collegiate number 75 and instead assumed ownership over number 73.
On August 1, 2013, Love was suspended four games for violating the NFL's policy on performance-enhancing substances. Following his return from suspension, Love was released by the Vikings on October 1, 2013.
On October 3, 2013, Love was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 8.
Love was waived on November 4, 2013. He was re-signed to the practice squad on November 7. He was signed to the active roster at the conclusion of the 2013 regular season.
Love was released on June 9, 2014.
New York GiantsEdit
Love signed with the New York Giants on June 19, 2014. He was waived on July 28, 2014.
Love signed with the Atlanta Falcons on July 29, 2015. He was released on August 16. 2015.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Minnesota Vikings Select Arkansas Offensive Lineman DeMarcus Love". Daily Norseman. http://www.dailynorseman.com/2011/4/30/2145556/minnesota-vikings-select-arkansas-offensive-lineman-demarcus-love. Retrieved April 30, 2011.
- ↑ "Curtis Bailey Recruiting Profile". Rivals.com. https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Curtis-Bailey-33563.
- ↑ "Offensive tackles 2006". Rivals.com. January 31, 2010. https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-1150.
- ↑ Allen, Nate (August 13, 2010). "Love downplays preseason honors". Baxter Bulletin. http://www.baxterbulletin.com/article/20100813/SPORTS/8130323.[dead link]
- ↑ "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- ↑ Breech, John (August 1, 2013). "Vikings OL DeMarcus Love suspended for PED violation". http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22974075/vikings-ol-demarcus-love-suspended-for-ped-violation. Retrieved August 3, 2013.
- ↑ "Vikings waive DeMarcus Love after 4-game suspension ends". TwinCities.com (Pioneer Press). October 1, 2013. http://www.twincities.com/vikings/ci_24216164/vikings-waive-demarcus-love-after-4-game-suspension. Retrieved October 1, 2013.