White in the 2015 NFL preseason.
|Date of birth:October 16, 1991|
|Place of birth: Houston, Texas|
|Undrafted in 2015|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2015)|
|Roster status: Practice Squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Super Bowl champion (LI)|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
|Stats at NFL.com|
DeAndrew White (born October 16, 1991) is an American football wide receiver who is currently a free agent. He played college football at Alabama. White signed with the San Francisco 49ers as an undrafted free agent in 2015. He was a member of the New England Patriots' Super Bowl LI victory against the Atlanta Falcons.
White attended North Shore High School, where he was a U.S. Army All-American and a SuperPrep All-American. White was ranked according to Scout.com as the 13th prospect at wide receiver. White also was selected and played in the 2010 U.S. Army All-American Game. White was selected as member of the PrepStar Dream Team.
Regarded as a 4-star recruit, White committed to Alabama. He finished his freshman season with 14 receptions for 151 yards and 2 touchdowns. With the departure of Marquis Maze, White stepped into the starting position. White injured his knee against Ole Miss and missed the rest of the season. He finished 2012 with 8 receptions and 105 yards. White had his best season in 2013. White had his first 100-yard performance against Oklahoma, finishing with 3 receptions for 139 yards and 1 touchdown. White finished the 2013 season with 32 receptions for 534 yards and 4 touchdowns. White got injured in the 2014 season opener against West Virginia and missed 2 weeks. He came back against Florida. White's best game of the season came against Missouri, which he had 4 receptions for 101 yards and 1 touchdown. White finished the season with 40 receptions for 504 yards and 4 touchdowns.
San Francisco 49ersEdit
On May 2, 2015, White signed with the San Francisco 49ers following the conclusion of the 2015 NFL Draft. He played in four games primarily on special teams as a rookie, returning six kickoffs for 142 yards and one punt for four yards along with two receptions for 18 yards on offense. On September 3, 2016, he was released by the 49ers.
New England PatriotsEdit
On September 14, 2016, White was signed to the Patriots' practice squad. As a member of the practice squad, he won his first Super Bowl championship when the Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons 34-28 in Super Bowl LI.
On August 1, 2017, White signed with the Houston Texans. On August 14, 2017, he was waived/injured by the Texans with a serious groin injury and placed on injured reserve. He was waived from injured reserve with an injury settlement on August 21, 2017. He was re-signed to the Texans' practice squad on November 29, 2017. He was promoted to the active roster on December 5, 2017. He was waived on August 13, 2018.
- ↑ "Alabama bio". rolltide.com. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/deandrew_white_713442.html.
- ↑ "49ers undrafted free agent tracker: DiAndre Campbell, DeAndrew White make it eight signings". ninersnation.com. http://www.ninersnation.com/2015/5/3/8539369/49ers-undrafted-free-agent-tracker-diandre-campbell-makes-it-seven. Retrieved May 2, 2015.
- ↑ "49ers Release 20 Players, Announce Other Roster Moves". September 3, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170906134538/http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/49ers-Release-20-Players-Announce-Other-Roster-Moves/58e4c5ab-b77c-4050-998f-7a94a732c911.
- ↑ "Patriots sign WR DeAndrew White to the practice squad". September 14, 2016. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-sign-wr-deandrew-white-to-the-practice-squad-270961.
- ↑ "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201702050atl.htm. Retrieved August 6, 2017.
- ↑ "Patriots sign WR DeAndrew White". May 22, 2017. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-sign-wr-deandrew-white-299001.
- ↑ "Patriots Sign Veteran LB David Harris; Release WR DeAndrew White". June 22, 2017. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-sign-veteran-lb-david-harris-release-wr-deandrew-white-300671.
- ↑ "Transactions: Texans sign Gilchrist, White". August 1, 2017. https://www.houstontexans.com/news/transactions-texans-sign-gilchrist-white-19092726.
- ↑ "OFFICIAL: Texans sign Germone Hopper". August 14, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171016054141/http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/OFFICIAL-Texans-sign-Germone-Hopper/01a6771c-6256-4f0c-8ddf-3b041de159ca.
- ↑ Bouda, Nate (August 21, 2017). "Texans Waive WR DeAndrew White From Injured Reserve With Settlement". http://nfltraderumors.co/texans-waive-wr-deandrew-white-injured-reserve-settlement/.
- ↑ "Texans add to the practice squad; waive Houston". November 29, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180405151355/http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Texans-add-to-the-practice-squad-waive-Houston/860072f6-b8f1-49c4-b401-e0335201d0c5.
- ↑ "TRANSACTIONS: Texans sign Pruitt, White". December 5, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180209094844/http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/TRANSACTIONS-Texans-sign-Pruitt-White/b495e897-da53-4544-9a54-e0bc7b41745f.
- ↑ Wilson, Aaron (August 12, 2018). "Texans adding WR-KR Quan Bray". https://www.chron.com/sports/texans/amp/Texans-adding-WR-KR-Quan-Bray-13150412.php/.
- ↑ "Broncos claim WR DeAndrew White off waivers and sign DL DeQuinton Osborne; waived/injured WR Corey Brown and DL Paul Boyette". August 15, 2018. https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-claim-wr-deandrew-white-off-waivers-and-sign-dl-dequinton-osborne-waive-.
- ↑ DiLalla, Aric (September 1, 2018). "Broncos trim roster to 53 players". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-trim-roster-to-53-players.
- ↑ "Panthers sign WR DeAndrew White to PS, waive Dezmen Southward". September 11, 2018. https://247sports.com/nfl/carolina-panthers/Article/DeAndrew-White-signed-Panthers-Dezmen-Southward-waived-121761736/.
- ↑ "Panthers Sign CB Lorenzo Doss to PS, Release WR DeAndrew White". October 1, 2018. http://nfltraderumors.co/panthers-sign-cb-lorenzo-doss-to-ps-release-wr-deandrew-white/.
- ↑ Henson, Max (December 5, 2018). "Greg Olsen placed on injured reserve". https://www.panthers.com/news/greg-olsen-placed-on-injured-reserve.
- ↑ "Panthers sign 13 players to future contracts". December 31, 2018. https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-sign-13-players-to-future-contracts.
- ↑ Henson, Max (August 31, 2019). "Panthers announce second wave of cuts as 53-man roster takes shape". https://www.panthers.com/news/carolina-panthers-cuts-finalize-53-man-roster-for-2019. Retrieved August 31, 2019.