|National Arena League (2017)|
|Team colors||Black, red, silver, white|
|*Dayton Wolfpack (2017)|
|League championships (0)|
|Conference championships (0)|
|Division championships (0)|
The Dayton Wolfpack were a professional indoor football team and a charter member of the National Arena League (NAL) in its inaugural 2017 season. Originally to be based in Dayton, Ohio, the Wolfpack had announced their home venue as the Nutter Center but apparently failed to reach a lease agreement. The Wolfpack were then listed as a traveling team by the NAL.
The Wolfpack would have been the sixth indoor football team to call Dayton home, following the Dayton Skyhawks of the original Indoor Football League (1999–2000), the Dayton Warbirds/Bulldogs of the National Indoor Football League (2005–2006), The Marshals also of the NIFL (2007), the Dayton Silverbacks of the Continental Indoor Football League (2011–2012) and finally the Dayton Sharks also of the CIFL (2013–2014).
On August 11, 2016, the Arena Developmental League (which then became the National Arena League) officially announced the Wolfpack as its fourth charter team, following the previously announced Columbus Lions, High Country Grizzlies and Lehigh Valley Steelhawks. The team was originally announced to be led by head coach Derrick Shepard and owners Jerome and Jesse Clark.
Over social media, the owners of the Wolfpack announced they would be playing at the Nutter Center and the NAL made the schedule listing the Nutter as their home venue. Due to the Jacksonville Sharks needing to fulfill their previous eight home contract with their arena from their time in the Arena Football League, the Wolfpack and Corpus Christi Rage each were only scheduled for five home games, with four home games of the Wolfpack's falling on a Monday. However, by February 2017, several signed players reported over social media that they had all been released from their contracts due to lack of a home venue. By February 20, the NAL had removed their home games from the schedule, leaving the Wolfpack as a traveling team. Also over social media, Marcus Ray announced he would be operating the Wolfpack traveling team out of the Atlanta area for the season.
The Wolfpack were not listed as members of the league after the NAL 2017 summer meetings concluded.
|League Champions||Conference Champions||Division Champions||Playoff Berth||League Leader|
|Season||Team||League||Conference||Division||Regular season||Postseason results|
|2017 Dayton Wolfpack season|
|Home Field||Traveling team|
|Playoff Finish||Did not qualify|
|Previous season||Next season|
Key: Win Tie LossBye
All start times were local time
|1||Sunday||March 19||4:00pm||at Lehigh Valley Steelhawks||L 25–66||0–1||PPL Center|
|2||Monday||March 27||7:00pm||at Monterrey Steel||L 24–61||0–2||Arena Monterrey|
|3||Saturday||April 1||7:00pm||at High Country Grizzles||L 6–94||0–3||George M. Holmes Convocation Center|
|4||Monday||April 10||7:05pm||Monterrey Steel||Cancelled[lower-alpha 1]|
|5||Sunday||April 16||7:05pm||Corpus Christi Rage||Cancelled[lower-alpha 1]|
|7||Saturday||April 29||7:00pm||at Georgia Firebirds||L 32–35||0–4||Albany Civic Center|
|8||Saturday||May 6||7:00pm||at Lehigh Valley Steelhawks||L 6–68||0–5||PPL Center|
|9||Monday||May 15||7:05pm||High Country Grizzlies||Cancelled[lower-alpha 1]|
|10||Saturday||May 20||7:00pm||at Columbus Lions||L 0–77||0–6||Columbus Civic Center|
|11||Monday||May 29||7:05pm||Lehigh Valley Steelhawks||Cancelled[lower-alpha 1]|
|12||Saturday||June 3||7:00pm||at Jacksonville Sharks||L 32–77||0–7||Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena|
|14||Monday||June 19||7:05pm||Lehigh Valley Steelhawks||Cancelled[lower-alpha 1]|
- ↑ "Dayton Wolfpack Announce Intentions to Join ADL". Arena Developmental League. August 11, 2016. http://www.arenadl.com/news-m/54-dayton-wolfpack-announce-intentions-to-join-adl.html. Retrieved August 19, 2016.
- ↑ "2017 Coaches For The Dayton Wolfpack Announced". National Arena League. December 31, 2016. http://nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/132-2017-coaches-for-the-dayton-wolfpack-announced.html.
- ↑ "NAL's Dayton Wolpack set to become a travel only team". Arena Football Talk. February 20, 2017. http://arenafootballtalk.weebly.com/blog/nals-dayton-wolpack-set-to-become-a-travel-only-team.
- ↑ "WEEKLY SPORTS LEAGUE & FRANCHISE REPORT". OurSports Central. May 8, 2017. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/weekly-sports-league--franchise-report/n-5255836.
- ↑ "NAL Announces Teams for 2018 Play - Northeast Bolstered by Expansion". NAL. July 20, 2017. http://www.nationalarenaleague.com/news-m/308-nal-announces-teams-for-2018-play-northeast-bolstered-by-expansion.html.
|2017 Dayton Wolfpack roster|
| Offensive linemen
| Reserve lists
Rookies in italics
<ref>tags exist for a group named "lower-alpha", but no corresponding
<references group="lower-alpha"/>tag was found.