Following a Michigan Wolverines football game
November 1, 2008
|No. -- Free agent|
|Date of birth:September 2, 1986|
|Place of birth: Amsterdam, Netherlands|
|High School: Libertyville High School|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 298 lb (135 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Free agent signee|
|Career highlights and awards|
David Benjamin Moosman (born September 2, 1986) is an American football player who was signed by the Arizona Cardinals as a free agent following the 2010 NFL Draft. He had previously played four years for the Michigan Wolverines football team, where he was a regular starter on the offensive line as a redshirt junior and senior for the 2008 and 2009 teams.
In high school, Moosman led Libertyville High School in Libertyville, Illinois to an undefeated 2004 season and the Illinois High School Association state championship. He was named All-State as a senior by Chicago Tribune, Chicago Sun-Times and Champaign News-Gazette. Rivals.com ranked him as the eleventh ranked offensive guard in the nation and the number six prospect in Illinois. Scout.com ranked him as the number 17 offensive lineman in the nation. He was a three-year varsity wrestler and three-year varsity shot-putter on track. In wrestling, he qualified for the state championships three times.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| David Moosman|
|Libertyville, Illinois||Libertyville (IL)||6 ft 4.5 in (194.3 cm)||265 lb (120 kg)||5.3|| Dec 19,|
|Scout:75px Rivals:75px ESPN grade: NR|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 17 (OL) Rivals: 11 (OG), 6 (IL) ESPN: NR|
| Note: In many cases, Scout and Rivals may conflict in their listings of height and weight.|
In these cases, an average of the two was taken. ESPN grades are on a 100-point scale.
At Michigan, he played in 29 games, starting in 15 games at right guard and 8 games at center. As a junior, he started all 12 games at right guard and played every snap at right guard. As a senior, he started 3 games at right guard and 8 at center.
Moosman signed as an undrafted free agent with the Arizona Cardinals on April 24, 2010, after going undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. An Arizona Cardinals fansite believes that he will need to bulk up to have a chance at success in the NFL. He was cut on August 30.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 "60 David Moosman". CBS Interactive. Archived from the original on 2011-03-06. http://www.webcitation.org/5wzHaDfKZ. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ↑ "David Moosman". Rivals.com. http://rivals.yahoo.com/michigan/football/recruiting/player-David-Moosman-24866;_ylt=AkDcN.CZROXigTBwBdx1.uRmspB4. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ↑ "#50 David Moosman". Scout.com. http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=8&c=1&nid=1188334. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ↑ "How local players fared in the NFL draft". Detroit News. 2010-04-25. http://detnews.com/article/20100425/SPORTS0101/4250332/-1/rss4305. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ↑ "Evaluating the Arizona Cardinals Undrafted Free Agent Signings". Sportsblogs, Inc. http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2010/4/26/1445241/evaluating-the-arizona-cardinals. Retrieved 2010-04-26.
- ↑ "Arizona Cardinals Transactions - 2010". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/transactions/_/name/ari/year/2010/arizona-cardinals. Retrieved 2010-09-07.
- ↑ "Ivy League 1971". Ivyleaguesports.com. http://www.ivyleaguesports.com/documents/fb7172.asp. Retrieved 2010-04-26.[dead link]