Jones at Redskins training camp in 2012
|No. 20, 31, 25, 35|
|Date of birth:September 19, 1985|
|Place of birth: Greenville, South Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 5 / Pick: 145|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New Orleans Saints ( 2007)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
David Jones (born September 19, 1985) is a former American football cornerback in the National Football League (NFL). He played college football for Wingate University and was selected in the fifth round of the 2007 NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints.
Jones attended Wingate University where he earned the name Jam Hands Jones. He is the first player ever from his college to be drafted to the NFL. He played between 2003-2006 where he made 15 interceptions and 110 tackles. He was a marketing major.
New Orleans SaintsEdit
Jones was claimed off of waivers by the Cincinnati Bengals on September 9, 2007.
Jones was traded to the Jacksonville Jaguars for safety Reggie Nelson and a conditional draft pick on September 4, 2010. It was later announced that the conditions for the draft pick were not met, so this was a one-for-one trade. Jones was released from the Jaguars on September 12, 2011. He was re-signed on December 3.
On July 24, 2012, Jones signed with the Washington Redskins. He was released on August 31, 2012 for final cuts before the start of the 2012 season. The Redskins re-signed him on September 25. After playing five games, he was waived again on November 6.
- ↑ Bengals acquire safety Nelson from Jags for CB Jones, pick
- ↑ Hobson, Geoff (January 18, 2011). "Jones eyes another comeback". Bengals.com. http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Jones-eyes-another-comeback/67fc8e83-4fc8-496c-a7e4-e88848770215. Retrieved 4 April 2011.
- ↑ "Middleton to IR, Jones signed". Jaguars.com. December 3, 2011. http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-1/Middleton-to-IR-Jones-signed/f70d20d5-2483-4deb-8958-41d20962e65f. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- ↑ Tinsman, Brian (July 24, 2012). "Redskins Sign Jones, Waive Minnifield". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Jones-Waive-Minnifield/3b598663-84fe-4d6b-bd93-ae113229347f. Retrieved 2012-07-24.
- ↑ Campbell, Rich (August 31, 2012). "Redskins reducing their roster to 53 on Friday". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on September 1, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120901023144/http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/redskins-watch/2012/aug/31/redskins-reducing-their-roster-53-today/. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- ↑ Tinsman, Brian (September 25, 2012). "Redskins Waive Butler, Bring Back Jones". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Waive-Butler-Bring-Back-Jones/b2417cb2-8bd3-45ed-9031-9e4ec72217f9. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- ↑ Tinsman, Brian (November 6, 2012). "Redskins Activate Sundberg, Clear Brown". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Activate-Sundberg-Clear-Brown/93ba5105-b27a-43cc-a164-7a5f3f1eac7a. Retrieved 2012-11-07.