|No. 15 (Michigan), 25 (Pittsburgh)|
|Date of birth:November 21, 1966|
|Place of birth: Warren, Ohio|
|NFL Draft: 1989 / Round: 5 / Pick: 77|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|*Pittsburgh Steelers ( 1989)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
David Paul Arnold (born November 21, 1966) is a former American football player. He played college football as a defensive back for the University of Michigan from 1985 to 1988. He played professional football in the National Football League (NFL) for the Pittsburgh Steelers during the 1989 NFL season.
University of MichiganEdit
Arnold enrolled at the University of Michigan in 1985 and played college football as a defensive back for head coach Bo Schembechler's Michigan Wolverines football teams from 1985 to 1988. He started two games at cornerback in 1986, nine games in 1987, and 10 games in 1988. He was selected by conference coaches as a first-team defensive back on the 1988 All-Big Ten Conference football team. In four years at Michigan, he recorded 105 tackles, 15 pass breakups, five interceptions, and three fumble recoveries.
Arnold was selected by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the fifth round (118th overall pick) of the 1989 NFL Draft. He appeared in 15 games, none as a starter, for the Steelers during the 1989 NFL season. In February 1990, Arnold was taken from the Steelers by the Houston Oilers pursuant to Plan B free agency. Arnold signed a three-year contract with the Oilers, but he did not appear in any games for the Oilers.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 "David Arnold". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/A/ArnoDa20.htm. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Michigan Football Roster Database". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/rosters/football.php. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "1986 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fbteam/1986fbt.htm. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "1987 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fbteam/1987fbt.htm. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "1988 Football Team". University of Michigan, Bentley Historical Library. http://bentley.umich.edu/athdept/football/fbteam/1988fbt.htm. Retrieved April 7, 2015.
- ↑ "Michigan puts seven on all-Big Ten". The Bryan Times: p. 21. November 23, 1988. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=799&dat=19881123&id=vHlPAAAAIBAJ&sjid=jlEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6388,5089044.
- ↑ "Michigan Football Statistic Archive Query Page". University of Michigan. http://statsarchive.ath.umich.edu/VS-Football/footstart.php. Retrieved April 7, 2015.(to retrieve Arnold's statistics, enter "arnold" in the box for the player's last name)
- ↑ "Steelers lose Arnold to Oilers". The Pittsburgh Press: p. C5. March 1, 1990. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1144&dat=19900301&id=1ukhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=nWMEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3485,129562&hl=en.