|No. 39 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:December 8, 1991|
|Place of birth: Honolulu, Hawaii|
|High School: Greensboro (NC) Dudley|
|College: North Carolina State|
|NFL Draft: 2013 / Round: 2 / Pick: 51|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Washington Redskins ( 2013–present)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Jack Tatum Trophy (2011)|
David Amerson (born December 8, 1991) is an American football cornerback for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). Amerson played college football for North Carolina State University and was recognized as one of the top college defensive backs. The Redskins selected him in the second round of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Amerson was born in Honolulu, Hawaii. He attended James B. Dudley High School in Greensboro, North Carolina, and played for the Dudley Panthers high school football team. According to Rivals.com, he was a four-star college football recruit.
Amerson enrolled in North Carolina State University, where he played for the NC State Wolfpack football team from 2010 to 2012. As a true freshman in 2010, he started nine of 13 games and recorded 50 tackles. Through 11 games of his sophomore season in 2011, Amerson has 51 tackles and is leading the nation in interceptions with 13. The 13 interceptions beat Dré Bly's record for the most interceptions in a season in Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history. Following the 2011 season, he received the Jack Tatum Trophy for the best college defensive back, first-team All-American honors from the Walter Camp Football Foundation and ESPN, and first-team All-ACC honors.
At the inaugural Belk Bowl held in Charlotte on December 27, 2011, Amerson broke the record for the most interceptions in a season by an Atlantic Coast Conference competitor. This record of 13 interceptions also lead the Football Subdivision during the 2011 season. He finished the game with five tackles, two interceptions, and one touchdown.
2013 NFL Combine
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||205 lb||4.44 s||35½ in||10 ft 7 in||15 rep|
- NCAA Division I-A Player Defense Statistics - 2011
- Observations: N.C. State vs. Clemson
- "NFL Combine Profile", NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/david-amerson?id=2540170, retrieved 2013-05-08
- Jones, Mike (May 17, 2013). "Redskins sign second-round cornerback David Amerson". WashingtonPost.com. http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/05/17/redskins-sign-second-round-cornerback-david-amerson/. Retrieved 2013-05-20.
- Tinsman, Brian (May 17, 2013). "Redskins Ink Top Pick David Amerson". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Ink-Top-Pick-David-Amerson/c0020232-0e00-400e-83c8-838b813701a8. Retrieved 2013-05-20.