|No. 36 Tennessee Titans|
|Date of birth:November 9, 1988|
|Place of birth: Indianapolis, Indiana|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 227 lb (103 kg)|
|College: Virginia Tech|
|Undrafted in 2011|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Indianapolis Colts|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2011)|
|Roster status: Practice squad|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*2008 Second Team All-ACC
Darren Evans (born November 9, 1988) is an American football running back for the Tennessee Titans. He was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent in 2011. He played college football at Virginia Tech.
Early years[edit | edit source]
Evans attended Warren Central High School in Indianapolis, Indiana. As a sophomore he had 309 attempts for 2,248 yards and 27 touchdowns. As a senior he was awarded Indiana's Mr. Football Award in 2006 (an honor given to the top high school football player in the state of Indiana) with 288 attempts 2731 yards and 61 touchdowns.
College career[edit | edit source]
2008[edit | edit source]
On November 6, 2008, Evans broke Mike Imoh's school single-game rushing record, rushing for 253 yards against Maryland. Evans is also the only player in school history to rush for a touchdown during each of his first six games.
Evans was named most valuable player in the 2009 Orange Bowl after gaining 153 yards on 28 carries, and scoring a game-clinching touchdown.
College Stats[edit | edit source]
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Indianapolis Colts[edit | edit source]
Evans was signed by the Indianapolis Colts as an undrafted free agent following the 2011 NFL Draft on July 26, 2011. Evans was released on September 20 but added to the practice squad on the 22nd. Evans was resigned to the active roster on October 15, 2011. He was released by Indianapolis on August 31, 2012.
Tennessee Titans[edit | edit source]
Evans was signed to the Tennessee Titans practice squad September 3, 2012.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Darren Evans-Football Recruiting". Rivals. http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=42859. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- Slater, Darryl (2008-11-06). "Evans' record night sparks Hokies". Richmond Times-Dispatch. http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-11-06-0259.html. Retrieved 2008-11-07.[dead link]
- Slater, Darryl (2008-10-17). "Game plan for fatherhood". Richmond Times-Dispatch. http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/sports.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2008-10-17-0086.html. Retrieved 2008-11-07.[dead link]
- Shapiro, Leonard (January 2, 2009). "Evans Exceeds Expectations". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/02/AR2009010200089.html. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- Evans suffers torn ACL in practice; Tailback lost for season, Virginia Tech, August 11, 2009.
[edit | edit source]
|Awards and achievements|
|Virginia Tech single-game rushing record