| refer to caption |
Mason with the Denver Broncos in 2015
|No. 95 – Ottawa Redblacks|
|Position:||Inside linebacker/Defensive Line|
|Born:||October 14, 1990|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school:||Louisville (KY) Shawnee|
|Roster status:||6-game injured list|
|Career NFL statistics|
Danny Mason, Jr. (born October 14, 1990) is a gridiron football inside linebacker and Defensive Lineman who is currently a member of the Ottawa Redblacks. He has played in the Indoor Football League for the Texas Revolution and the Colorado Ice. He played college football at Texas A&M-Commerce, where he was named an All-American. He has also been a member of the Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears.
Mason was born in Louisville, Kentucky and attended high school at Shawnee High School, where he was a four-year member of both the varsity basketball and football teams. He was first team all-conference and helped lead Shawnee High to its first state playoff appearance in school history. He was selected to participate in the annual East-West High School football All Star game his senior year. Mason was recruited by former University of Kentucky Wildcat football coach Guy Morriss, who had just been hired at A&M-Commerce as head coach. Mason took a scholarship offer to join the Lions.
Mason was a 4-year starter for the Lions. His freshman season, the Lions went 5-5 and won the Lone Star Conference North Division with a 5-0 record. Mason made immediate impact as a true freshman. Mason was first team all conference his Junior and Senior seasons and was named 2nd team All-American by Beyond Sports Network. His final stats as a Lion, Mason recorded 280 total tackles including 24.5 tackles for loss during his four-year Lion career. He also had 14 pass breakups and picked off three passes all of which came during the 2011 season. After Mason's eligibility was over, he stayed in Commerce and was hired by TAMUC's new head football coach Colby Carthel to be a student assistant in order to finish his degree. Mason graduated from Texas A&M-Commerce in 2013.
Texas Revolution and Colorado IceEdit
Mason began the 2014 season in Allen with the Texas Revolution of the Indoor Football League before traveling out to Loveland, Colorado where he played the next two months for the Colorado Ice. He led the Ice all the way to the divisional round of the playoffs before the season ended.
On January 1, 2015, Mason signed a futures contract with the Denver Broncos for the 2015 NFL season. Mason was released by the Denver Broncos on September 1, 2015. On September 6, 2015, the Denver Broncos resigned Mason to their practice squad. On September 29, 2015, Mason was released by the Denver Broncos.
On November 24, 2015, Mason was signed to the Chicago Bears' practice squad. On January 5, 2016, Mason signed a futures contract with the Chicago Bears. Mason was cut by the Bears on May 25, 2016. On August 4, 2016, Mason was re-signed by the Bears. He was waived/injured by the Bears and placed on injured reserve on September 3, 2016.
Denver Broncos (second stint)Edit
- ↑ "Danny Mason - 2012 Football". http://lionathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=768.
- ↑ Caleb Slinkard (December 26, 2013). "Mason signs contract to play in indoor football league". www.commercejournal.com. The Commerce Journal. http://www.commercejournal.com/sports/mason-signs-contract-to-play-in-indoor-football-league/article_22083c30-862f-5036-a2e5-131f3cdff5ce.html. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- ↑ Caleb Slinkard (January 5, 2015). "Mason signs with Denver Broncos". www.commercejournal.com. The Commerce Journal. http://www.commercejournal.com/mason-signs-with-denver-broncos/article_a5e91a66-9529-11e4-943d-2701213075d5.html. Retrieved September 8, 2015.
- ↑ "Official Site of the Denver Broncos". http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-get-down-to-75-players-waive-Danny-Mason-Dan-Light/c2b8e7a2-62a1-4e05-946f-31b242d5c1e5.
- ↑ "Official Site of the Denver Broncos". http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-begin-filling-out-practice-squad-by-bringing-back-six-players/93ae31b7-f4a8-4da4-93de-4645579bfe88.
- ↑ "Antonio Johnson signs to Broncos practice squad, Danny Mason released". 29 September 2015. http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_28896488/antonio-johnson-signs-broncos-practice-squad-danny-mason.
- ↑ "Bears Sign 9 Players To Futures Contracts". 2016-01-04. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/01/04/bears-sign-9-players-to-futures-contracts/.
- ↑ Mitchell, Ken (2016-05-25). "Bears sign UDFA LB Jarrett Grace, release LB Danny Mason". http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2016/5/25/11769754/bears-sign-udfa-lb-jarrett-grace-release-lb-danny-mason.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (September 3, 2016). "Bears trim 22 to reach 53-man limit". Archived from the original on October 21, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20171021021223/http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-rostermoves/Bears-trim-22-to-reach-53-man-limit/2eb298bf-b806-403c-8c82-930683de72d9. Retrieved July 29, 2017.
- ↑ Swanson, Ben (July 29, 2017). "Broncos sign LB Danny Mason, waive TE Henry Krieger-Coble". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-sign-lb-danny-mason-waive-te-henry-krieger-coble-19068506.
- ↑ Mason, Andrew (September 2, 2017). "Broncos trim roster at deadline". https://web.archive.org/web/20171130182211/http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Broncos-trim-roster-at-deadline/234c49ac-2b09-496b-9175-b8fdc28f39dd.