Gorrer in the 2012 NFL season.
|No. 38, 36, 37|
|Date of birth:June 1, 1986|
|Place of birth: Port Arthur, Texas|
|College: Texas A&M|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* New Orleans Saints ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Danny Gorrer (born January 6, 1986) is a former American football cornerback. He was signed by the New Orleans Saints as an undrafted free agent in 2009. He played college football at Texas A&M. Gorrer was also a member of the St. Louis Rams, Baltimore Ravens, Seattle Seahawks, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and Detroit Lions.
He starred at Memorial High School in Port Arthur, Texas, where he recorded 68 tackles, 9 interceptions and 2 touchdowns as a senior and was selected to the Associated Press All-State second-team. Was named first-team All-Greater Houston Area, first-team Port Arthur News Super Teams, first-team Beaumont Enterprise Super Gold Team, and first-team All-District. Won the 2003 5A state championship 4x400-meter relay as a senior and finished second in the state his junior and senior year in the 4x100-meter relay. Gorrer was a high school teammate, and is a life long friend of fellow NFL player, Jamaal Charles.
A two-year starter at Texas A&M, Gorrer started 24 of the 42 games he played for the Aggies, tallying 141 tackles, two sacks, an interception, 13 pass defenses and two forced fumbles. He appeared in 11 games as senior, starting 4 of them and making 29 tackles. Started his first seven games and made 30 tackles as junior before injuring his knee. Had his best collegiate season as a sophomore, notching 52 tackles, an interception, and starting all 13 games. Saw action in all 11 games (4 starts) as a redshirt freshman, posting 30 tackles. Redshirted as a true freshman in 2004. Graduated with a degree in agricultural leadership and development in December 2008.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 11⅝ in||185 lb||4.40 s||1.50 s||2.53 s||6.90 s||35½ in||9 ft 5 in|
First stint with New Orleans SaintsEdit
Danny Gorrer was signed as an undrafted free agent by the New Orleans Saints in the 2009 offseason. He was released, however.
St. Louis RamsEdit
Danny Gorrer was claimed off waivers by the St. Louis Rams in 2009. He started one game for St. Louis in the 2009 NFL season and recorded five tackles on the year. But that would be his only season playing for the Rams. Gorrer was cut shortly afterward.
Second stint with SaintsEdit
He was signed to the Baltimore Ravens' practice squad on September 23, 2010. He was released on October 7, but was re-signed on October 8. On September 17, 2011, Gorrer was moved to the Ravens' active roster. He saw a fair amount of playing time in a Sunday Night Football win over the New York Jets, shutting down former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes for much of the game. However, the Ravens released Gorrer prior to the start of the 2012 season.
On September 18, 2012, he was signed by the Seattle Seahawks, who subsequently waived him on October 30, 2012. He received no playing time while with the team.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
On October 31, 2012, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers claimed Gorrer off waivers. He was released on August 27, 2014.
Second stint with the Baltimore RavensEdit
- ↑ http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=2&cid=213846&nid=5777307&fhn=1&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fprofootball.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d127%26p%3d9%26c%3d2%26cid%3d213846%26nid%3d5777307%26fhn%3d1
- ↑ "New Orleans Saints claim cornerback Danny Gorrer off waivers", Times-Picayune, June 29, 2010.
- ↑ Mike Triplett, "New Orleans Saints make early roster cuts, release linebacker Troy Evans among others", Times-Picayune, August 24, 2010.
- ↑ Ravens sign Gorrer to practice squad-Baltimore Ravens.com
- ↑ Ravens waive Phillips, promote Gorrer-Baltimore Ravens.com
- ↑ Ravens release CB Danny Gorrer-CBS Sports Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- ↑ Rogers, Justin. "Detroit Lions cut cornerback Danny Gorrer, re-sign defensive tackle Andre Fluellen". mlive.com. http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2014/11/detroit_lions_cut_cornerback_d.html. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Danny Gorrer.|