Muir with the Colts, 2010
|No. 70 Kansas City Chiefs|
|Date of birth:September 12, 1983|
|Place of birth: Washington, D.C.|
|Height: 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||Weight: 322 lb (146 kg)|
|College: Kent State|
|Undrafted in 2007|
|Debuted in 2007 for the Green Bay Packers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 6, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Daniel Travanti Muir (pron.: //; born September 12, 1983) is an American football defensive lineman for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Green Bay Packers as an undrafted free agent in 2007. He played college football at Kent State.
Muir attended Fairmont Heights High School and later transferred to Parkdale High School in Riverdale, Maryland where he was a four-year letterman. He played both defensive tackle and offensive guard. He earned All-State honors after finishing his senior season with 96 tackles, including 13.5 sacks. He recorded 179 tackles, including 28.5 sacks, his final two seasons. He also lettered in wrestling, where he finished second in state as a junior and third as a senior.
Muir attended Kent State where he started 45 of his 46 career games there. He also left Kent State ranked third in school history in career sacks (14.5) and seventh in tackles-for-losses (35). He finished his career with 198 tackles, he also had three forced fumbles, two fumble recoveries, and one interception. He began his college career at defensive tackle before moving to defensive end, where he earned First-team All-MAC honors as a senior.
Muir did not play in 2002 due to the NCAA's initial eligibility guidelines. In 2003 as a freshman, he started the first 11 games before turning over his starting position to a senior in the season finale. He finished the season with 46 tackles, 7.5 for losses, 1.5 sacks and one blocked field goal. In 2004 as a sophomore, he started 11 games recording 48 tackles, eight for losses, and 4.5 sacks. In 2005 as a junior, he started 11 games and earned Second-Team All-MAC honors, he recorded 52 tackles, 8.5 for losses, and three sacks. In 2006 as a senior, he started 12 games and recorded 52 tackles, 11 for losses, and 5.5 sacks. He returned his only career intercetpion for five yards.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 1⅞ in||303 lb||4.90 s||1.69 s||2.82 s||4.59 s||7.39 s||29½ in||9 ft 7 in||37 rep|
Green Bay PackersEdit
Muir was undrafted in the 2007 NFL Draft but was signed by the Green Bay Packers on May 4, 2007. In 2007, he played in three games, after becoming the only undrafted rookie to make the roster out of training camp. He recorded eight tackles, four solo for the season. He played for the Packers in Dallas, Chicago, and against Detroit. Before the start of the 2008 season, he was waived by the Packers.
St. Louis RamsEdit
Muir joined the St. Louis Rams on July 31, 2011, by signing a one-year $1.85 million contract. He was cut September, 2011.
Second stint with ColtsEdit
Second stint with PackersEdit
New York JetsEdit
Muir is one of many siblings and was raised by his Jamaican native parents in Lanham, Maryland. He married his college sweetheart Kristin Wright on April 25, 2009.
Muir hosted a Christmas dinner for homeless teens with the help of Outreach Inc.
- ↑ "Daniel Muir". NFL Draft Scout.com. March 25, 2009. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=26640&draftyear=2007&genpos=DT. Retrieved April 16, 2009.
- ↑ Caplan, Adam (April 13, 2010). "NFL Transaction Wire Blog (4/12-4/18)". Scout.com. http://profootball.scout.com/2/961749.html. Retrieved 2010-04-13.
- ↑ NFL Transactions Report, January 7, 2011, http://www.nfl.com/transactions?transactionMonth=11&transactionYear=2011&transactionTeamAbbr=IND&prevTransactionMonth=11&prevTransactionYear=2011&prevTransactionTeamAbbr=
- ↑ Packers bring back DT Daniel Muir
- ↑ "Packers make cuts, newcomers targeted". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-cut-newbies-el6mq0l-168239866.html.
- ↑ Orr, Conor (10 October 2012). "Jets sign former Colts, Packers DT Daniel Muir in wake of D-line injuries". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 10 October 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6BJh7hOZ7. Retrieved 10 October 2012.
- ↑ Orr, Conor (30 October 2012). "Jets waive RB Jonathan Grimes and DT Daniel Muir". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 30 October 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/6BoSID0JQ. Retrieved 30 October 2012.
- ↑ http://www.outreachindiana.org/NewsandEvents/tabid/73/Default.aspx
- Indianapolis Colts bio
- Indianapolis Colts profile at ESPN.com
- Indianapolis Colts profile at Yahoo! Sports
- Profile at CBSSports.com