| File:Dan Skipper.jpg |
Skipper at the 2017 East-West Shrine Game
|No. 72 – New England Patriots|
|Born:||September 20, 1994|
|Height:||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Weight:||325 lb (147 kg)|
|High school:||Arvada (CO) Ralston Valley|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
Dan Skipper (born September 20, 1994) is an American football offensive tackle for the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at the University of Arkansas.
High school career
Skipper was born in Arvada, Colorado, a suburb of Denver. He played football at Ralston Valley High School, where he earned 5A all-state recognition as a senior. During his senior season, he helped get Ralston Valley to the state semifinals. Skipper received numerous scholarship offers, ultimately choosing the University of Arkansas.
As a freshman, Skipper played in all twelve of the Razorbacks' games, starting eight. He blocked three field goal attempts, a school single-season record. He was named a Consensus All-American. As a sophomore, Skipper started all 13 games of the season and earned an Associated Press All-SEC honorable mention. As a junior, he started all 13 games and was named to ESPN's All-SEC team. As a senior, he made the All-SEC team of ESPN, Phil Steele, Athlon Sports, Lindy's Sports, Sporting News, and the Coaches Poll.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 9½ in||309 lb33⅜ in10½ in||5.42 s||1.87 s||3.14 s||5.01 s||7.61 s||26 in||8 ft 1 in||19 reps|
Skipper went undrafted during the 2017 NFL Draft. It was speculated that he went undrafted due to a chronic blood condition that was discovered during prospect evaluations. After not receiving a contract as an undrafted free agent, Skipper received an invitation to attend the Dallas Cowboys' rookie mini camp as a tryout candidate.
Throughout training camp, he competed for a roster spot against Emmett Cleary, Clay DeBord, Ruben Carter, and Kadeem Edwards. On September 2, 2017, he waived by the Cowboys and signed him to the practice squad the next day. He was released on September 20, 2017.
On September 25, 2017, Skipper was signed to the Detroit Lions' practice squad. He was promoted to the active roster on October 26, 2017. On October 31, 2017, he was waived in order for the Lions to sign Don Barclay and was re-signed to the practice squad. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Lions on January 1, 2018.
New England Patriots
On January 8, 2019, Skipper was signed to the New England Patriots practice squad. Skipper was a part of the Patriots Super Bowl LIII championship team when they defeated the Los Angeles Rams 13-3. He signed a reserve/future contract with the Patriots on February 5, 2019. He was released during final roster cuts on August 31, 2019. He was signed to the practice squad the next day.
- Kevin Casas (July 18, 2017). "No tall tale, 6-10 rookie Dan Skipper still hanging with Cowboys". https://www..star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article161971833.html. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Eatman, Nick (May 16, 2017). "Cowboys Waive 3 From Roster; Sign 2 Tryout Players; More Moves To Come". https://web.archive.org/web/20180211125108/http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/05/16/cowboys-waive-3-roster-sign-2-tryout-players-more-moves-come.
- K. D. Drummond (June 17, 2017). "Cowboys 2017 Post-Minicamp Roster and Depth Chart Projection: Offense". https://www.cowboyswire.usatoday.com/2017/06/17/dallas-cowboys-roster-2017-53-man-projections-minicamp-training-camp/amp/. Retrieved January 19, 2018.
- Phillips, Rob (September 2, 2017). "Cowboys Make 38 Moves, One Trade To Reach 53; Kellen Moore Released". https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-make-38-moves-one-trade-to-reach-53-kellen-moore-released-439246.
- Eatman, Nick (September 3, 2017). "Showers, Drafted CB & 2 WRs Headline Cowboys’ 10-Man Practice Squad". https://web.archive.org/web/20180316061544/http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2017/09/03/showers-drafted-cb-2-wrs-headline-cowboys%E2%80%99-10-man-practice-squad.
- "Cowboys sign Jarron Jones to practice squad, release Dan Skipper". September 20, 2017. http://dal.247sports.com/Bolt/Cowboys-sign-Jarron-Jones-to-practice-squad-release-Dan-Skipper-107718558.
- "Lions sign T Dan Skipper to practice squad". September 25, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170927171216/http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-sign-T-Dan-Skipper-to-practice-squad/aeb7ff9e-a359-4bfe-b0a0-5128b6a9b49e.
- "Lions sign T Dan Skipper to active roster and T Storm Norton to practice squad". October 26, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180624041451/http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-sign-T-Dan-Skipper-to-active-roster-and-T-Storm-Norton-to-practice-squad/7f699f41-ec3a-44df-9343-f3a82b605493.
- "Lions sign free agent G Don Barclay and waive T Dan Skipper". October 31, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20180206083907/http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-sign-free-agent-G-Don-Barclay-and-waive-T-Dan-Skipper/ed22156f-ba24-489a-ae1f-eace2a92c877.
- "Lions report 10 Reserve-Future signings". January 1, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180206084919/http://www.detroitlions.com/news/news-short/article-1/Lions-report-10-Reserve-Future-signings/d21eb71a-768f-4706-a0da-dc3f6f922c1a.
- "Lions establish 53-man roster". September 1, 2018. https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-establish-53-man-roster.
- "Lions awarded OL Andrew Donnal and CB Dee Virgin via waivers". September 2, 2018. https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-awarded-ol-andrew-donnal-and-cb-dee-virgin-via-waivers.
- "Lions sign three players to practice squad". September 5, 2018. https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions-sign-three-players-to-practice-squad.
- Swanson, Ben (November 27, 2018). "Broncos promote Temarrick Hemingway to active roster, place Jeff Heuerman on injured reserve, sign three to practice squad". https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-promote-temarrick-hemingway-to-active-roster-place-jeff-heuerman-on-inju.
- "Patriots Make A Series of Roster Transactions". January 8, 2019. https://www.patriots.com/news/patriots-make-a-series-of-roster-transactions.
- Kyed, Doug (February 5, 2019). "Patriots Sign Eight Of 10 Practice Squad Players To Future Contracts". https://nesn.com/2019/02/patriots-sign-eight-of-10-practice-squad-players-to-future-contracts/.
- Yang, Nicole. "Patriots rumor roundup: Here’s who won’t make New England’s 53-man roster". https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/08/30/patriots-roster-moves-cuts-2. Retrieved August 31, 2019.
- Kyed, Doug. "Patriots Practice Squad Tracker: Stephen Anderson, Terez Hall Retained". https://nesn.com/2019/09/patriots-practice-squad-tracker-stephen-anderson-terez-hall-retained/. Retrieved September 1, 2019.
Template:Super Bowl LIII