Marsh in 2010 as a Utah State Aggies player.
|No. 31 Philadelphia Eagles|
|Date of birth:March 1, 1988|
|Place of birth: West Hills, California|
|High School: Simi Valley (CA) Royal|
|Height: 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)||Weight: 197 lb (89 kg)|
|College: Utah State|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 90|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Philadelphia Eagles|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Curtis Joseph Marsh, Jr. (born March 1, 1988) is an American football cornerback for the Philadelphia Eagles, acquired from free agency on 11/5/13. He was originally drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft. Curtis was released by the Philadelphia Eagles at the end of the 2013 preseason and signed by the Cincinnati Bengals. He played college football at Utah State.
Born in West Hills, California, and raised by his mother, Trayci Gibson with his sister M'haganee Kahlil Gibson. Marsh graduated from Royal High School in Simi Valley, California in 2006. Marsh received a football scholarship to the Naval Academy Preparatory School after graduating from high school. Marsh left the school after three months and received a scholarship offer from Utah State University.
With the Utah State Aggies, Marsh began his career as a running back and became a cornerback starting in junior year. Marsh rushed 82 times for 302 yards as a freshman in 2007 in 10 games (3 starts) and 42 times for 185 as a sophomore in 12 games (3 starts) in 2008. In each season, Marsh scored two touchdowns. As a cornerback in 2009, Marsh made 32 tackles (23 solo, 9 assisted), deflected five passes, and intercepted one pass. In the November 14, 2009 game against San Jose State, Marsh blocked a punt. As a senior in 2010, Marsh made 45 tackles (37 solo, 8 assisted) and 2 interceptions.
Marsh played all four preseason games and made his regular season debut on Week 11 of 2011 (November 20), a 17-10 win over the New York Giants. In seven games in 2011, Marsh made 2 tackles and one defended pass.
- Potkey, Rhiannon (April 29, 2011). "Marsh drafted by Eagles". vcstar.com. http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/apr/29/marsh-drafted-by-eagles/. Retrieved 2011-04-29.
- "Curtis Marsh". Utah State Aggies. http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/marsh_curtis00.html. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- McLane, Jeff (June 5, 2012). "Eagles cornerback Marsh is a step from starting". Philadelphia Inquirer: p. 2.
- McLane, Jeff (June 5, 2012). "Eagles cornerback Marsh is a step from starting". Philadelphia Inquirer: p. 1.
- "San Jose State vs Utah State (Nov 14, 2009) - Play-by-play summary". Utah State Aggies. http://www.utahstateaggies.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2009-2010/09usu10.html. Retrieved October 5, 2012. "Cope, Tyler punt 22 yards to the USU12, downed (blocked by Curtis Marsh)"
- "Curtis Marsh college stats". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14031/type/college/curtis-marsh. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- "Curtis Marsh". Philadelphia Eagles Media Guide. http://legacy.philadelphiaeagles.com/eagles_files/html/marsh_1.html. Retrieved October 5, 2012.
- Eisenberg, John (February 28, 2011). "Surviving the NFL combine". CSN Baltimore. http://www.csnbaltimore.com/02/28/11/Eisenberg-Surviving-the-NFL-combine/landing.html?blockID=429892. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- "NFL Eagles Cornerback Curtis Marsh #31". ChristieOhh.com. August 8, 2012. http://christieohh.com/2012/08/08/nfl-eagles-cornerback-curtis-marsh-31/. Retrieved September 11, 2012.
- "Curtis Marsh game logs, 2011". NFL. http://www.nfl.com/player/curtismarsh/2508116/gamelogs?season=2011. Retrieved October 5, 2012.