| refer to caption |
Brown with the Pittsburgh Steelers
|No. 40, 31|
|Born:||September 24, 1988|
|Height:||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Weight:||185 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Gilmer (TX)|
|NFL Draft:||2011 / Round: 3 / Pick: 95|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 5, 2013|
Curtis Brown (born September 24, 1988) is a former American football cornerback. He played collegiately at the University of Texas. He was selected in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
High School and Collegiate careerEdit
Brown played high school football at Gilmer, Texas, along with fellow high school stars Manuel Johnson, Justin Johnson, GJ Kinne and David Snow. He starred at both CB and WR, winning a state championship in 2004 as a sophomore. He was ranked as a 5-star prospect by most major recruiting sites, and chose to attend the University of Texas.
Brown finished his career at Texas with 105 tackles, 2 forced fumbles and 2 interceptions, both of which were returned for over 70 yards and resulted in one touchdown. As a junior in 2009 Brown was an honorable mention All-American by Pro Football Weekly and the Associated Press.
Brown was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers of the National Football League in the 3rd round, 95th overall in the 2011 NFL Draft. He was released by the Steelers on March 5, 2014, along with Levi Brown and Larry Foote. The release came after Brown played in only seven games and recorded just seven tackles before tearing his ACL.
New York JetsEdit
- ↑ ESPN college stats page
- ↑ "2011 NFL Draft Listing" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2011/draft.htm.
- ↑ "Free Agent CB Curtis Brown Signs with Jets". New York Jets. February 10, 2015. Archived from the original on February 15, 2015. https://www.webcitation.org/6WLuqANKa?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-9/Free-Agent-CB-Curtis-Brown-Signs-with-Jets/5897a726-24d5-4b64-a090-54e96e7fa0de. Retrieved February 14, 2015.
- ↑ Cimini, Rich (August 30, 2015). "New York Jets cut 12 players, including DeVier Posey". ESPN.com. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/176768/new-york-jets-cut-12-players-including-devier-posey. Retrieved August 30, 2015.
- ↑ Inside the Class of '07: Curtis Brown