|Position:||Defensive backs coach|
|Born:||June 29, 1971|
St. Cloud, Minnesota
|Career highlights and awards
Cory Undlin (born June 29, 1971) is an American football defensive backs coach for the Philadelphia Eagles of the National Football League (NFL). Undlin and his wife, Amy, has a boy, Caden, and two girls, Brooke and Taylor.
Undlin attended California Lutheran University, where he played football as a safety from 1990 to 1994. He had the distinction of being named second-team All-Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference honors in 1993. At Cal Lutheran, he was a teammate and roommate of Ben McEnroe.
Undlin began his coaching career at his alma mater California Lutheran as a linebackers coach from 1998 to 1999. He was promoted to defensive coordinator in 2000, a position he held through 2001, when he moved to Fresno State University. He spent two seasons in 2002 and 2003 as a graduate assistant at Fresno State under head coach Pat Hill, a former assistant coach with the Cleveland Browns under Bill Belichick.
In 2004, Undlin joined Belichick as a defensive coaching assistant with the New England Patriots. When the Patriots won Super Bowl XXXIX that year and then-Patriots defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel left to become head coach of the Browns, Undlin followed Crennel to the Cleveland Browns as a defensive quality control coach. In 2007, Undlin was promoted to secondary coach and assistant special teams coach. In 2008, Undlin was promoted to defensive backs coach. In 2009, Undlin moved to the Jacksonville Jaguars as a defensive assistant following Crennel's firing in Cleveland. He was promoted to defensive backs coach in 2010, but was fired along with the rest of the staff after the 2011 season. In 2012, he was hired as a defensive quality control coach for the Denver Broncos, and he was promoted to defensive backs coach in 2013. With the Broncos firing head coach John Fox, Undlin was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as defensive backs coach in January 2015. He was retained as the defensive backs coach for the Eagles on January 20, 2016. On February 4, 2018, Undlin was part of the Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff that defeated the New England Patriots, 41-33, in Super Bowl LII.
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. https://web.archive.org/web/20110928171447/http://www.callutheran.edu/magazine/2009_winter/features/lessons_from_mt_clef_stadium/cu.php?KeepThis=true&. Retrieved July 22, 2011.
- ↑ http://archive.vcstar.com/news/clu-coaching-tree-branches-out-in-every-direction-ep-292315841-351601361.html/
- ↑ Berman, Zach (January 24, 2015). "New Eagles assistant draws high praise". philly.com. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20150124_New_Eagles_assistant_draws_high_praise.html. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- ↑ Berman, Zach (January 21, 2016). "Eagles retain seven coaches, add seven new ones". The Philadelphia Inquirer. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20160121_Eagles_retain_seven_coaches__add_seven_new_ones.html. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- ↑ "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner" (in en). https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/super/2018/02/04/super-bowl-2018-score-philadelphia-eagles-new-england-patriots/305840002/.