| refer to caption |
Linsley in 2015
|No. 63 – Green Bay Packers|
|Born:||July 27, 1991|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||301 lb (137 kg)|
|High school:||Boardman (Boardman, Ohio)|
|NFL Draft:||2014 / Round: 5 / Pick: 161|
|Career highlights and awards
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2018|
Corey Michael Linsley (born July 27, 1991) is an American football center for the Green Bay Packers of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Ohio State. Linsley was drafted by the Packers in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL Draft.
High school careerEdit
A native of Boardman, Ohio, Linsley attended Boardman High School, where he earned first-team All-Federal League, All-Northeast Ohio and second-team All-Ohio honors. He served as a team captain as a senior. He was named to SuperPrep’s Midwest Top 30.
As a standout athlete, he lettered all four years in track & field, where he was the regional and league champion and a state medalist in the shot put (top throw of 19.24 meters as a senior). He also threw the discus, with a top throw of 58.27 meters as a senior. At Ohio State, he considered switching to track and field and quit football entirely.
After redshirting his initial year at Ohio State, Linsley saw limited action in six games in 2010, mostly as a reserve right guard or tackle. As a sophomore, he appeared in ten games, still as a reserve. He did see significant action on the PAT and field goal teams as a blocker, though.
After playing two seasons at guard, he was designated to succeed All-American center Mike Brewster at center. He started all 12 games at center and help the Buckeyes to post a Big Ten-best 37.2 points per game while ranking second in rushing with an average of 242.2 yards per game on the ground.
Linsley was viewed as an integral part of the Buckeyes' offense.
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP<th>Wonderlic</th>|
|6 ft 3 in||296 lb32 in9 ⅞ in||5.03 s||1.78 s||2.82 s||4.53 s||7.46 s||27 in||8 ft 11 in||36 reps<td align="center">33</td>|
In 2014, Linsley was initially supposed to be the Packers' back-up center, but an injury to expected starter JC Tretter late in the preseason made Linsley the surprise starting center for the regular season. After Tretter came back from his injury, Linsley remained as starting center and ended up starting every game during the regular season as well as the 2 playoff games.
On December 30, 2017, Linsley signed a three-year, $25.5 million contract extension with the Packers after starting all 16 games at center in 2017.
- ↑ "Corey Linsley – Stats". http://oh.milesplit.com/athletes/140564-corey-linsley/feed#.VEGUQvmSwrk. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- ↑ "Rivals.com". https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2122. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- ↑ http://www.thebuckeyetimes.com/2012/08/corey-linsley-is-most-improved-buckeye.html
- ↑ "Spring Spotlight: Corey Linsley". April 9, 2013. http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040913aab.html. Retrieved August 23, 2018.
- ↑ "Corey Linsley consistent at center for Ohio State Buckeyes". ESPN. November 14, 2012. http://espn.go.com/colleges/osu/football/story/_/id/8627978/corey-linsley-consistent-center-ohio-state-buckeyes.
- ↑ "2014 Green Bay Packers draft picks". JSOnline.com. May 10, 2014. Archived from the original on April 22, 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20180422181252/http://archive.jsonline.com/sports/packers/258550471.html. Retrieved April 22, 2018.
- ↑ "Corey Linsley NFL Draft Profile". NFL.com. http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/corey-linsley?id=2543631. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- ↑ "Packers sign WR Abbrederis, C Linsley". Packers.com. May 15, 2014. http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-1/packers-sign-wr-abbrederis-c-linsley/f3db5866-e062-4585-a89c-a24072725ac9. Retrieved October 14, 2016.
- ↑ "Packers keep six undrafted rookies, including QB Joe Callahan". Packers.com. September 3, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20180402184923/http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-roster-moves/article-1/packers-keep-six-undrafted-rookies-including-qb-joe-callahan/9e6d9856-8feb-4a8d-b038-90cfcff1b0b3. Retrieved October 19, 2016.
- ↑ "Packers activate C Corey Linsley". Packers.com. November 5, 2016. http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/article-press-release/article-1/packers-activate-c-corey-linsley/23242cfa-839b-4ef7-aef7-ce3946edd136. Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- ↑ Shook, Nick (December 30, 2017). "Packers sign Corey Linsley to 3-year, $25.5M extension". http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000900035/article/packers-sign-corey-linsley-to-3year-255m-extension.
- Green Bay Packers bio
- Ohio State Buckeyes bio
- Career statistics and player information from NFL.com • ESPN • CBS Sports • Yahoo! Sports • Pro-Football-Reference