Clark at Texas A&M in 2006
|Date of birth:June 21, 1984|
|Place of birth: Spring Branch, Texas|
|Height: 6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)||Weight: 305 lb (138 kg)|
|College: Texas A&M|
|NFL Draft: 2008 / Round: 7 / Pick: 234|
|Debuted in 2009 for the San Diego Chargers|
|Last played in 2009 for the San Diego Chargers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2009|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Corey Stanley Clark (born June 21, 1984 in Spring Branch, Texas[disambiguation needed ]) is a former American football offensive tackle for the San Diego Chargers of the National Football League. He was drafted by the Chargers in the seventh round of the 2008 NFL Draft. He played college football at Texas A&M.
San Diego ChargersEdit
During the Chargers' 2008 minicamps, he practiced as a right tackle. He signed a four-year contract with the team on June 30, 2008. According to the Chargers, he will "most likely battle for a reserve role along the offensive line".
Clark remained on the active roster for the first nine games of the 2008 season, but was cut on November 14 to make room for safety Tra Battle. He was then re-signed to the team's practice squad on November 18. The following day, he was re-signed to the active roster when wide receiver Buster Davis was placed on injured reserve. He was not active for any of the games during the 2008 season.
Clark was waived on December 1, 2009 and was re-signed to the practice squad on December 5.
After his contract expired at season's end, Clark signed a future contract with the Chargers on January 22, 2010. However, on August 9, 2010 he retired from football for unknown reasons.
- ↑ "Bolts sign two draft picks" (Press release). http://www.chargers.com/news/headlines/bolts-sign-two.htm.
- ↑ "Davis is done for the season; can he be a factor in 2009?". http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/nov/19/chargers-notes-davis-done-season/?chargers.
- ↑ "CHARGERS: L.T. knows that time is running out". http://www.northcountytimes.com/articles/2008/11/18/sports/chargers/z59336f7bab18f0f4882575050002aacc.txt.
- ↑ "Disappointing Davis put on IR by Chargers". http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jUqQyAarnk_foQgIjuz-jYqJdzfAD94ICHSO0.
- ↑ "Positional Analysis: Offensive Tackle". http://den.scout.com/a.z?s=101&p=2&c=839228.