Taylor in 2017
|Date of birth:February 28, 1987|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz (2010)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First Team All-Arena (2016)|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Taylor attended Carmel High School, in Carmel, Indiana. He played two years as a wide receiver. As a senior in 2004, he led the Greyhounds with 45 catches for 900 yards and 12 touchdowns, helping them to an 8-4 season. After his senior season, he moved on to Indiana University where he redshirted in 2005, played wide receiver from 2006 through 2008 and finished his career as a free safety in 2009.
Born the son of John and Catherine Taylor, Collin attended Carmel High School, in Carmel, Indiana. He played two years as a wide receiver. As a senior in 2004, he led the Greyhounds with 45 catches for 900 yards and 12 touchdowns, helping them to an 8–4 season.
Taylor walked-on to the Indiana Hoosiers football team in fall of 2005 and redshirted that same season. During the 2006 season, Taylor did not appear in a single game for the Hoosiers. In 2007, Taylor made his college debut against Indiana State. Taylor played in three games during the season, appearing only on special teams. During the 2008 season, Taylor appeared in all 12 games for the Hoosiers games, making his first career receptions against Iowa on October 11. 11 weeks into the season, the Hoosiers were faced with a rash of injuries, so Taylor moved from wide receiver to free safety for the Hoosiers.
|Season||Team||GP||Rec||Yds||Avg||TD||Solo Tkl||Asst Tkl||Total Tkl||Sacks||INT||FF||FR|
Prior to the 2010 NFL Draft, Taylor was projected to be undrafted by NFLDraftScout.com. He was rated as the 62nd-best free safety in the draft. He was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, he posted the following numbers during his pro-day workouts at Indiana University:
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0 in||198 lb||4.65 s||1.65 s||2.70 s||4.29 s||7.08 s||36.5 in||10 ft 3 in||17 rep|
Oklahoma City Yard DawgzEdit
After going undrafted in 2010, Taylor was assigned to the Oklahoma City Yard Dawgz of the Arena Football League. The only game in which Taylor played for the Yard Dawgz came on May 28, when he had an interceptions for touchdown against the Alabama Vipers. He was released before the season's end.
Shortly after his release, Taylor joined the Tulsa Talons. The Talons were short on players due to injury, so they offered Taylor a chance to return to his natural position of wide receiver, and he scored a touchdown on just his second career professional reception.
Taylor joined the Reading Express of the Indoor Football League in 2011. He was 3rd on the team with 651 yards receiving and had 15 touchdowns, as the Express went 8–6 and lost in the IFL United Conference Semi-Finals.
Taylor was selected by the Beijing Lions of the China Arena Football League (CAFL) in the fifth round of the 2016 CAFL Draft. He earned All-Pro North Division All-Star honors after catching 45 passes for 586 yards and 12 touchdowns.
Career AFL receiving statisticsEdit
Career AFL defensive statisticsEdit
|2010||OKC Yard Dawgz||1||2||5||0.0||0||0||2||20||1|
- ↑ "Collin Taylor Profile". www.iuhoosiers.com. Indiana University. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/taylor_collin00.html. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ Adam Rittenberg (November 12, 2008). "Big Ten internal affairs: Week 11". www.espn.go.com. ESPN. http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/tag/_/name/collin-taylor. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ "2006 Indiana Hoosiers Stats". www.iuhoosiers.com. Indiana University. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2006-2007/teamcume.html. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ "2007 Indiana Hoosiers Stats". www.iuhoosiers.com. Indiana University. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2007-2008/teamcume.html. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ "2008 Indiana Hoosiers Stats". www.iuhoosiers.com. Indiana University. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2008-2009/teamcume.html. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ "2009 Indiana Hoosiers Stats". www.iuhoosiers.com. Indiana University. http://www.iuhoosiers.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2009-2010/teamcume.html#TEAM.IND. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Collin Taylor, DS #62 FS, Indiana". www.NFLDraftScout.com. The Sports Xchange. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=75411&draftyear=2010&genpos=FS. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ "Alabama 39 at Oklahoma City 65". www.arenafan.com. ArenaFan. http://www.arenafan.com/statistics/?page=boxscore&gameid=4420. Retrieved November 29, 2012.
- ↑ Dallas Strimple (August 2, 2010). "Who is Collin Taylor?". www.afltalons.blogspot.com. Blog Spot. http://afltalons.blogspot.com/2010/08/who-is-collin-taylor.html. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- ↑ "2011 IFL Stats". www.ifl.fbstats.pointstreak.com. Indoor Football League. http://ifl.fbstats.pointstreak.com/football/individual-statistics.html?category=allpurpose&class=IFL&district=&sortby=&order_col=all_purpose_yds&order_dir=desc&seasonid=IFLMFB_2011&page=1. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- ↑ "Barnstormers Reach Agreement with WR Collin Taylor". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. November 7, 2011. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4316708. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- ↑ "Two More Barnstormers Returning for 2013". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. November 27, 2012. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4517000. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- ↑ "Collin Taylor Awarded Al Lucas Hero Jason Foundation Award". clevelandgladiators.com. August 23, 2016. Archived from the original on August 5, 2017. https://web.archive.org/web/20170805022858/https://www.clevelandgladiators.com/team/latest-news/collin-taylor-awarded-al-lucas-hero-jason-foundation-award. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- ↑ "CAFL DRAFT RESULTS – SEE IT AGAIN – FULL RESULTS HERE". caflfootball.com. June 11, 2016. http://caflfootball.com/cafl-draft-results-are-in/. Retrieved October 18, 2016.
- ↑ Moninghoff, Mick (November 6, 2016). "Series Final: One for the Record Books". caflfootball.com. http://caflfootball.com/series-final-one-for-the-record-books/. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- ↑ "The CAFL has announced their 2016 All-Pro North division All-Stars". caflfootball.com. November 4, 2016. Archived from the original on November 7, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20161107023207/http://caflfootball.com/the-cafl-has-released-their-2016-all-pro-north-division-all-stars/. Retrieved November 6, 2016.
- ↑ "Guangzhou Power 2017 Roster". caflfootball.com. August 14, 2017. https://www.webcitation.org/6tqbmUZhe. Retrieved September 29, 2017.
- ↑ "Recent Transactions". arenafan.com. https://web.archive.org/web/20180413024811/http://www.arenafan.com/news/?page=transactions. Retrieved April 12, 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Collin Taylor.|