Colin Peek during pre-game warmups in Bryant–Denny Stadium
|Date of birth:June 4, 1986|
|Place of birth: Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida|
|Height: 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)||Weight: 255 lb (116 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2010|
Colin Davis Peek (born June 4, 1986) is an American football tight end and is currently a free agent. He attended the Georgia Institute of Technology before transferring to the University of Alabama. Peek signed a free agent contract after going undrafted in the 2010 NFL draft. He was part of the Crimson Tide in the 2010 BCS National Championship.
High school Career[edit | edit source]
A Florida native, Peek attended The Bolles School where he played on three consecutive state championship teams. Coming out of high school, he was rated as a Top 30 tight end by both Scout.com (No. 23) and Rivals.com (No. 27). He chose to play at Georgia Tech for coach Chan Gailey.
College Career[edit | edit source]
Georgia Tech[edit | edit source]
As a true freshman in 2005, Peek saw action in nine games. However, he failed to record any catches.
In 2007, Peek became a significant player for the Yellow Jackets. He started 11 out of 13 games and ranked third on the team with 25 receptions. He accumulated 248 yards and one touchdown. Season highlights for Peek included five receptions for 35 yards against Boston College, three receptions for 31 yard at Maryland, two receptions for 49 yards against Army, and three passes for 28 yards (including a 17-yard touchdown) against Georgia.
Alabama[edit | edit source]
Following the 2007 season, Chan Gailey was fired as Tech's head coach. When Paul Johnson was hired as the new coach for the Yellow Jackets, Peek knew his role in Johnson's triple option flexbone offense would be limited. He decided to transfer to Alabama who had just finished 7-6 in their first year under Nick Saban.
In 2009, Peek was a member of Alabama's first national championship team in 17 years. Peek recorded 26 receptions for 313 yards throughout the season. Three of Peek's receptions resulted in touchdowns. His third touchdown of the year came against Florida in the 2009 SEC Championship Game and was featured on the cover of the following week's Sports Illustrated issue. Peek caught at least one pass in 10 of 14 games. He did not record any catches in the 2010 BCS National Championship Game.
NFL career[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Player Bio: Colin Peek". rolltide.com. http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/peek_colin00.html. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Colin Peek Cover". Sports Illustrated. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/cover/toc/11364/index.htm. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Colin Peek #84 TE". ESPN. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=173986. Retrieved 2010-04-30.
- "Falcons sign Alabama's Colin Peek as free agent". Boston Herald. 2010-04-26. http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20100426falcons_sign_alabamas_colin_peek_as_free_agent/srvc=home&position=recent.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (2010-08-15). "Falcons release Colin Peek and Steven Hauschka". Atlanta-Journal Constitution. http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-blog/2010/08/15/falcons-release-colin-peek-and-steven-hauschka/. Retrieved 2011-01-30.