|Date of birth:November 9, 1986|
|Place of birth: Coral Springs, Florida|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Arizona Cardinals ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-Big East (2008)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Cody Dion Brown (born November 9, 1986) is a former American football linebacker. He was drafted by the Arizona Cardinals in the second round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Connecticut.
Early years[edit | edit source]
College career[edit | edit source]
Cody Brown was a three-year starter at defensive end and a team captain for the Huskies during his senior season. In 2005, he became the first true freshman lineman to start a game after Connecticut's upgrade to Division 1-A. He was named starter for the Huskies during his sophomore season, and has since started every game in which he participated. In his final two seasons as a Husky, Brown registered a total of 18.5 sacks and 33 tackles for loss and he was named to the First Team All-Big East at defensive end after his senior season.
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Pre-draft[edit | edit source]
|Ht||Wt||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20 ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6-2⅛ *||244 lb *||4.76 *||1.62||2.79||4.40 *||7.10 *||36½ in. *||10'00" *||26 *||21 *|
Arizona Cardinals[edit | edit source]
Picked 63rd overall by the Arizona Cardinals, Brown was the last of four former Huskies to be taken from in the first two rounds of the 2009 NFL Draft. The Cardinals selection of Brown, together with the New England Patriots and New York Giants respective second round draft picks, Darius Butler and William Beatty, and first round Indianapolis Colts selection Donald Brown, established a UConn football presence in the NFL draft; by the end of the second round, the only school that exceeded UConn's four picks—by one pick—was USC. Brown suffered a wrist injury during the 2009 preseason and was placed on season-ending injured reserve on August 24. Brown would be waived by the team on September 3, 2010.
New York Jets[edit | edit source]
Detroit Lions[edit | edit source]
On August 8, 2011, the Detroit Lions claimed him off waivers.
Calgary Stampeders[edit | edit source]
Montreal Alouettes[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Cody Brown Recruiting Profile". Rivals.com. http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=33982.
- "Cody Brown and His Future with the Arizona Cardinals". Sportsblogs, Inc.. May 7, 2009. http://www.revengeofthebirds.com/2009/5/7/866642/cody-brown-and-his-future-with-the.
- "Big East Announces 2008 Postseason Football Honors". BigEast.org. December 10, 2008. Archived from the original on 2009-02-04. https://web.archive.org/web/20090204202404/http://www.bigeast.org/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92485&SPID=11215&DB_OEM_ID=19400&ATCLID=3631151.
- NFL Draft Scout.com
- Nawrocki, Nolan (April 21, 2009). "The Way We Hear It — draft edition". Pro Football Weekly website. http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Extras/2009/wwhi042109.htm. Retrieved April 25, 2009.[dead link]
- "Brown Leads UConn Parade Of Players Picked". April 26, 2009. http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-ucfoot0426.artapr26,0,3765706.story.
- Jets PR Department (September 7, 2010). "P.Turner Waived; Chauncey Signed to P-Squad". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 8, 2011. https://www.webcitation.org/60mbk7Ef9?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/PTurner-Waived-Chauncey-Signed-to-P-Squad/68564930-e74a-496e-9e51-928d5842702c. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- Caplan, Adam (January 25, 2011). "Jets re-sign four players". NFL Buzz. Archived from the original on January 25, 2011. https://www.webcitation.org/5w0kptkyG?url=http://nflbuzz.yardbarker.com/blog/nflbuzz/jets_re_sign_four_players/4033762. Retrieved January 25, 2011.
- Jets Media Relations Department (August 7, 2011). "Mason, 2 Others Signed, 2 Waived". New York Jets. Archived from the original on August 8, 2011. https://www.webcitation.org/60mbYYCW0?url=http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-1/Mason-2-Others-Signed-2-Waived/292edad6-cf10-4c6c-b506-87a75df53f1a. Retrieved August 8, 2011.
- Signed with the Al's
[edit | edit source]