Harris in November 2010.
|Date of birth:December 12, 1990|
|Place of birth: Fresno, California|
|High School: Fresno (CA) Edison|
|Height: 5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||Weight: 180 lb (82 kg)|
|Undrafted in 2012|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Philadelphia Eagles ( 2012)*
|Career highlights and awards|
|* First-team All-Pac-10 (2010)|
Cliff Jamaal Harris (born December 12, 1990) is an American football cornerback who is currently a free agent. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2012. He played college football for the University of Oregon, and received All-American honors as a kick returner.
Harris attended Edison High School in Fresno, California, where he was a teammate of T. J. McDonald. Regarded as a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Harris was listed as the #7 cornerback prospect in the class of 2009.
Harris attended the University of Oregon, and played for coach Chip Kelly's Oregon Ducks football team from 2009 to 2011. Through the conclusion of the 2010 regular season, he had 33 solo tackles and five interceptions while also leading the nation with four punt return touchdowns and 20 passes defended. Harris was indefinitely suspended from playing after being pulled over in a car by Oregon State Police for traveling 118 miles per hour on Interstate 5 with a suspended license. He had been cited for the same pair of offenses in the recent past on multiple occasions. The trooper could also smell marijuana in the vehicle. When he asked who may currently be in possession of the drug, Harris memorably replied "We smoked it all", though at one point he also implied that someone else in the car, a cousin, was the only person using it. Harris was not charged with reckless driving as the trooper felt the car was under control. Following the indefinite suspension, Harris was dismissed from the Oregon football team December 5, 2011, after a series of traffic-related offenses and a reported citation for possession of marijuana.
New York Jets
Harris was signed to a reserve/future contract by the New York Jets on January 4, 2013. He was waived on April 30, 2013 after he and teammate Claude Davis were arrested and charged with possession of marijuana.
Harris was arrested May 3, 2013, outside a Hillsboro Buffalo Wild Wings for domestic harassment. He was seen and heard arguing with his girlfriend in the restaurant and pushing her outside. The girlfriend did not press charges and Harris was released on bail. Days later, Harris was cited for speeding, passing in a no-passing zone, and driving without a license on his way to his court appearance. He told the deputy he was running late for his court appearance, and the deputy called the court to notify them of the situation, allowing extra time. When he did not appear on time for the adjusted appointment, the judge issued a warrant for his arrest. Harris did eventually appear in court, and was arrested upon arrival.
- "2009 Cornerbacks". Rivals.com. January 16, 2009. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2130.
- ESPN.com profile
- Moran, Jack (2011-06-14). "UO star accused of driving 118 mph". The Register-Guard. http://special.registerguard.com/web/updates/26386814-41/harris-mph-police-driving-state.html.csp. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Oregon coach Chip Kelly suspends Cliff Harris indefinitely". The Oregonian. 2011-06-15. http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/06/oregon_coach_chip_kelly_suspen.html. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Alipour, Sam (2012-04-19). "We smoked it all". ESPN. http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7819621/ncf-oregon-ducks-deny-drug-culture-eugene-espn-magazine. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Roberson, Tilkin, Bill, Dan (2011-08-16). "Trooper to 118 mph Cliff Harris: 'Who’s got the marijuana?'". KATU. http://www.katu.com/news/local/127896303.html. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Moseley, Rob (2011-10-24). "Harris cited for three traffic violations this afternoon". The Register-Guard. http://www2.registerguard.com/cms/index.php/duck-football/comments/harris-cited-for-three-traffic-violations-this-afternoon/. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Goe, Ken (2011-12-05). "Cliff Harris is booted from the Oregon football team after being cited for marijuana possession". The Oregonian. http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2011/12/cliff_harris_is_booted_from_th.html. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Philadlephia Eagles Transactons". Philadelphia Eagles Coverage. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/transactions.html. Retrieved 3 September 2012.
- Orr, Conor (4 January 2013). "Jets have no comment on Rex Ryan's vacation photos". The Star-Ledger. Archived from the original on 4 January 2013. http://www.webcitation.org/6DQsGkwV0. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Cimini, Rich (2 May 2013). "Ex-Jets Claude Davis and Cliff Harris". Twitter. Archived from the original on 2 May 2013. http://www.webcitation.org/6GK3ZaqRl. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- "Transactions". New York Jets. 30 April 2013. Archived from the original on 2 May 2013. http://www.webcitation.org/6GK3OsBKK. Retrieved 2 May 2013.
- Sernoffsky, Evan (2013-05-05). "Ex-Duck Harris arrested in Hillsboro for domestic harassment". KGW. http://www.kgw.com/news/Former-Duck-Cliff-Harris-arrested-in-Hillsboro-for-domestic-harassment--206199721.html. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- Katzowitz, Josh (2013-05-07). "Former Jets CB Cliff Harris arrested for third time in 9 days". CBS Sports. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22212750/former-jets-cb-cliff-harris-arrested-for-third-time-in-9-days. Retrieved 2013-05-08.