|No. -- Free Agent|
|Date of birth:October 29, 1986|
|Place of birth: Tyler, Texas|
|Height: 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)||Weight: 319 lb (145 kg)|
|College: Louisiana State|
|Undrafted in 2010|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2010|
Ciron Qunadra Black (born October 29, 1986, in Tyler, Texas) is an American football offensive tackle for the LSU Tigers. He and Andrew Whitworth are the only two players to play at left tackle for LSU since the start of the 2002 season. Black considered one of the better prospects available for the 2010 NFL Draft.
A native of Tyler, Texas, Black attended Robert E. Lee High School, where he was teammates with Matt Flynn, Justin Warren, and Brandon Pettigrew. As a senior, Black averaged four pancake blocks per game and was named first-team 5A all-state in Texas.
Considered a three-star prospect by Rivals.com, Black was listed as the No. 12 offensive guard prospect in the nation. Scout.com rated Black as a four star prospect and the 31st best offensive tackle prospect in the nation.
After redshirting his initial year at LSU, Black started all 13 of the Tigers’ games at left tackle in 2006, succeeding Andrew Whitworth. Black and Whitworth were the only two players to play at left tackle for LSU between the 2002 season and 2009 season. He earned Freshman All-American honors by the Football Writers Association of American. Still a starter in his sophomore year, he played all 14 games for the Tigers at left offensive tackle, while setting a school-record by playing 1,031 snaps from scrimmage in 2007. He earned second-team All-SEC honors from the SEC Coaches that year.
As a junior, Black ran his streak of consecutive starts at left tackle to 40 straight and was a second team All-SEC selection for the second straight year. He helped pave the way for an LSU team that ranked fourth in the SEC in rushing with 166.8 yards per game. Black and right tackle Joseph Barksdale are regarded as "the best duo of tackles in SEC."
2010 NFL DraftEdit
Black projected as a right tackle in the NFL and was considered one of the best offensive tackles available in 2010. However, Black went undrafted in the 2010 NFL Draft. Early reports claimed that Black had signed with the Steelers, but those reports were incorrect. Ciron gave a statement in early May saying he would release an official statement concerning his football career in the near future.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 4 in||327 lb|
- ↑ Prisco, Pete (April 27, 2009). "Prisco's 2010 draft preview: QB will land No. 1 spot". CBSSports.com. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/11684517.
- ↑ Cooney, Frank (May 11, 2009). "Who's next? Looking ahead to the best of the 2010 draft class". USA Today. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2009-05-05-2010-draft-preview_N.htm.
- ↑ "Rivals.com Offensive guards 2005". Rivals.com. 2005-01-18. http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=876.
- ↑ "Ciron Black Scout.com player profile". Scout.com. 2005-01-20. http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=1169199.
- ↑ "FWAA Freshman All-America Team", FWAA, January 8, 2007, http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2006/allamerica070108.html
- ↑ Nadeau, Rene (August 11, 2009), "Rating the SEC position-by-position", NewOrleans.com, http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=187847&Itemid=94
- ↑ Buchanan, Olin; Dienhart, Tom; Fox, David; Huguenin, Mike; Megargee, Steve (August 22, 2009), "Preseason offensive tackle power rankings", Rivals.com, http://rivals100.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=978914
- ↑ Richardson, Steve (August 11, 2009), 2009 Outland Trophy Watch List Announced, Football Writers Association of America, http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/news/2009/outland090811.html
- ↑ http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2010/04/lsu_football_offensive_lineman.html
- ↑ "Ciron Black Combine Profile", NFL.com, http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/ciron-black?id=496982, retrieved February 27, 2010.