|Date of birth:November 4, 1975|
|Place of birth: Springfield, Ohio|
|Undrafted in 1999|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Carolina Rhinos (2000)|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*2nd Team All-MAC (1997)
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Christopher Wallace (born November 4, 1975) is an American football quarterback for the Atlanta Havoc of the American Arena League (AAL). He played as a quarterback for the University of Toledo. He was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Orlando Predators in 2001.
Early life[edit | edit source]
College career[edit | edit source]
Wallce attended the University of Toledo after his graduation from high school. At the time of his graduation, Wallace was the only Rocket to have thrown five touchdowns in a game, achieving the feat twice. His 27 touchdowns in 1997 were a school record for a single season until they were broken by Bruce Gradkowski in 2003. He currently sits at sixth all time in Toledo history for passing yards in a career.
Statistics[edit | edit source]
Through end of the 1998 season, Wallace' college statistics were as follows:
Professional career[edit | edit source]
|This section requires expansion.|
Since commencing his professional career, Wallace has played for a number of indoor football teams. On March 24, 2002, Wallace was placed on injured reserve by the Orlando Predators. He spent eight seasons with the Florida Firecats of the af2 and was that league's all-time leader in passing yardage. In 2011, he was briefly the starting quarterback of the Arena Football League's New Orleans Voodoo, starting two games and winning one; later in the same season he started for the Pittsburgh Power. He joined the Tarpons in 2012 and completed 157 passes on 272 attempts for 2,091 yards and 63 touchdowns, leading the team to a conference title and Ultimate Bowl II. In 2013, Wallace lead the Tarpons to an Ultimate Bowl III victory over the Corpus Christi Fury. In March, 2014, Wallace came back to playing football when he signed with the Marion Blue Racers. Wallace returned to the Tarpons in 2015.
Coaching career[edit | edit source]
In June, 2013, Wallace was named the first head coach of the expansion Columbus Beast of the Xtreme Indoor Football League, but when the Beast owner moved his other franchise (the Marion Blue Racers) to the Continental Indoor Football League, it was announced that Wallace was to be the Head Coach for the Blue Racers. However, Wallace left the Blue Racers to pursue his teaching career.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Sports - LubbockOnline.com Toledo quarterback inspires on, off field". www.lubbockonline.com. Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. September 9, 1998. http://lubbockonline.com/stories/090998/LS0356.shtml. Retrieved August 21, 2013.
- "2012 Toledo Rockets media guide". 2012. http://www.utrockets.com/fls/18000/MediaGuides/2012-13/2012fbguide/2012fbguide.html?&&SPSID=89643&SPID=10708&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=18000#/198/. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- "Chris Wallace". totalfootballstats.com. Total Football Stats. http://www.totalfootballstats.com/PlayerQB.asp?id=1221070. Retrieved August 15, 2012.
- "Arena Football League Transactions". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. March 25, 2002. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/arena-football-league-transactions/n-1963951. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- "Indoor football: Firecats great Chris Wallace joins Florida Tarpons"". Naples Daily News. April 3, 2012. http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2012/apr/03/indoor-football-firecats-great-chris-wallace-joins/.
- "New Orleans VooDoo defeats Kansas City Command 59-52", Times-Picayune, May 8, 2011.
- "VooDoo activate WR Gonzales, reassign QB Wallace" Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., SportsNola.com, May 16, 2011.
- "Arena Football Preview: Power Vs. Mustangs", KDKA-TV, June 25, 2011.
- David Jablonski, "Shawnee assistant ‘still kicking’ as QB: South grad Wallace just finished 13th season of arena football. His team lost title game to Cincinnati on Monday.", Springfield News-Sun, July 26, 2012, reprinted[dead link] in Orlando Sentinel, July 7, 2012.
- "Wallace Returns to Tarpons for 2013 Season" Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:Webarchive/data' not found., Florida Tarpons, August 15, 2012.
- "AFL 2 Veteran Chris Wallace to Quarterback for Blue Racers". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. March 24, 2014. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4755985. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Nicholas Idler (April 24, 2015). "Pro football: Veteran QB Wallace returns for Tarpons home opener". www.naplesnews.com. Naples Daily News. http://www.naplesnews.com/sports/tarpons/pro-football-veteran-qb-wallace-returns-for-tarpons-home-opener_06663968. Retrieved April 24, 2015.
- "Columbus Beast Names Head Coach". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. June 10, 2013. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4612525. Retrieved June 12, 2013.
Template:Toledo Rockets quarterback navbox Template:Orlando Predators starting quarterback navbox Template:New Orleans VooDoo starting quarterback navbox Template:Pittsburgh Power starting quarterback navbox