|File:Chris Reis Saints victory parade (cropped).jpg|
|Date of birth:September 19, 1983|
|Place of birth: Roswell, Georgia|
|College: Georgia Tech|
|Undrafted in 2006|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Atlanta Falcons ( 2006)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*ACC All-Academic football team, 2003, 2004, 2005|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Chris Reis (born September 19, 1983) played as an American football safety for the New Orleans Saints of the National Football League. He was signed by the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent in 2006. He played college football at Georgia Tech and played high school football for Roswell High School. In 2007, he also played in the NFL Europe as Safety for the Cologne Centurions where he was named to the 2007 NFL Europe All-World Team.
Reis played a central role in a crucial play during Super Bowl XLIV. With the Saints trailing the Indianapolis Colts 10-6 at the beginning of the second half, Saints head coach Sean Payton unexpectedly called for an onside kick by rookie punter and kickoff specialist Thomas Morstead. The kick bounced off the Colts' Hank Baskett, and a fierce battle for the ball ensued. The officials eventually ruled that the Saints had recovered the ball: although Jonathan Casillas was officially credited with the recovery, Casillas and other Saints players said it was actually Reis who did so. The play was considered a key turning point in the Saints' eventual 31-17 win.
Reis suffered a shoulder injury in Week 4 of the 2010 season and was put on IR afterwards. Reis was cut from the New Orleans Saints on September 3, 2011
- Saints’ onside decision ‘terrified’ rookie kicker
- Joe LaPointe, "Saints Coach’s Pair of Bold Bets: One Miss, One Turning Point", The New York Times, February 8, 2010.
- Peter King, "Who Dat, indeed: Two nobodies play vital roles in Saints' Super win", Sports Illustrated, February 8, 2010.
- Saints put Ivory on PUP list, trim roster to 53 Archived November 4, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Super Bowl winner Reis speaks to local athletes". http://www.blufftontoday.com/bluffton-sports/2014-06-18/super-bowl-winner-reis-speaks-local-athletes#.U70BgxUo7IV.