Neild at Redskins training camp in 2011.
|No. 95 Washington Redskins|
|Date of birth:December 1, 1987|
|Place of birth: Cliffside Park, New Jersey|
|High School: Stroudsburg (PA)|
|Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)||Weight: 325 lb (147 kg)|
|College: West Virginia|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 7 / Pick: 253|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Washington Redskins|
|*Washington Redskins ( 2011–present)|
|Roster status: Injured Reserve|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 14, 2012|
|Stats at NFL.com|
Chris Neild (born December 1, 1987) is an American football nose tackle for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Redskins in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft. He played college football at West Virginia University. He attended Stroudsburg High School in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania.
2011 NFL CombineEdit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 2 in||319 lb||5.12 s||1.73 s||2.93 s||4.46 s||7.56 s||29.0 in||8 ft 10 in||30 rep|
Neild was drafted in the seventh round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Washington Redskins. He was converted from a defensive tackle to a nose tackle. Neild made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the New York Giants, where he recorded 1.5 sacks on Eli Manning. In the 2011 season, Neild played in all 16 games as the backup nose tackle for Barry Cofield.
Neild was expected to compete for a roster spot with Chris Baker. His second season was cut short after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee during practice on August 13, 2012. The Redskins waived-injured him two days later. After not being claimed off waivers, Neild was officially placed on the team's injured reserve list.
- ↑ Neild drafted by the Redskins
- ↑ NFL Combine Profile
- ↑ NFL Draft Scout
- ↑ "Neild's Ability to Adjust Pays Off". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Neilds-Ability-to-Adjust-Pays-Off/9b7e72a5-c3d8-459e-8b99-61ce4b3b09dd. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- ↑ Yanda, Steve (August 3, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Chris Neild is in tough competition with Chris Baker at nose tackle". WashingtonPost.com. http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins-training-camp-chris-neild-is-in-tough-competition-with-chris-baker-at-nose-tackle/2012/08/03/3d559302-dd12-11e1-8e43-4a3c4375504a_story.html. Retrieved 2012-08-03.
- ↑ Whyno, Stephen (August 14, 2012). "Redskins’ Chris Neild tears ACL, out for season". WashingtonTimes.com. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/14/redskins-chris-neild-tears-acl-out-season/. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- ↑ Tandler, Rich (August 15, 2012). "Report: Neild has been waived-injured". CSNWashington.com. http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Report-Neild-has-been-waived-injured?blockID=757145&feedID=6355. Retrieved 2012-08-15.
- ↑ Tinsman, Brian (August 16, 2012). "Redskins Sign Favorite, IR Neild, Hanks". Redskins.com. http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Sign-Favorite-IR-Neild-Hanks/5cac2449-667a-4a44-bf4a-b703fe190bbc. Retrieved 2012-08-16.