Kuper in 2009
|Assistant offensive line coach|
|Date of birth:December 19, 1982|
|Place of birth: Anchorage, Alaska|
|College: North Dakota|
|NFL Draft: 2006 / Round: 5 / Pick: 161|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
| As player:|
* Denver Broncos ( 2006– 2013)
| As coach:|
* Miami Dolphins ( 2016)
Offensive quality control coach
|Career highlights and awards|
|* Denver Broncos Offensive Co-Captain (2010)|
Chris Kuper (born December 19, 1982) is a former American football offensive guard for the Denver Broncos of the National Football League (NFL). The Broncos selected him in the fifth round of the 2006 NFL Draft. He played college football for the University of North Dakota. He is currently assistant offensive line coach for the Denver Broncos.
High school careerEdit
As a senior, Kuper finished just behind Matt Gittlein of Wasilla High School as the state's Lineman of the Year.
2006 NFL DraftEdit
Projected to go undrafted by Sports Illustrated, who criticized his lack of "balance, body control and ability in space," Kuper was ranked as the No. 28 offensive guard available in the 2006 NFL Draft. Kuper was eventually selected in the fifth round, 161st overall, by the Denver Broncos. He was the highest selected North Dakota lineman since Todd Thomas in 1981.
He was the Broncos starting right guard to begin the 2008 season.
On June 4, 2010, the Broncos announced that they had signed Kuper to a five-year deal worth $25.5 million. The new contract made him the second-highest-paid offensive lineman in Broncos' history, second only to former left tackle Matt Lepsis.
During the regular season finale in 2011 against the Kansas City Chiefs, Kuper suffered a gruesome broken ankle that ended his season. That season Chris Kuper made the Pro Bowl but withdrew to the injury and needed surgery.
Kuper retired on March 11, 2014.
Coaching career Edit
- ↑ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/players/47929.html
- ↑ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2006/draft/breakdowns/by_position/og.html
- ↑ http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/31/broncos-continue-get-younger/
- ↑ Broncos sign OL Chris Kuper to five-year, $25.5 million extension
- ↑ http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/leading-the-way-2/
- ↑ http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22426823/broncos-guard-chris-kuper-needs-surgery-declines-pro
- ↑ Chris Kuper retiring after eight seasons as Broncos offensive lineman
- ↑ Template:Cite tweet
- ↑ Template:Cite tweet