Foerster was hired by the San Francisco 49ers on February 15, 2008 as the co-offensive line coach. He assumed the title of offensive line coach in week 8 of the 2008 season.
Prior to joining the 49ers, Foerster spent three years (2005–07) as the offensive line coach and assistant head coach for the Baltimore Ravens. Foerster has also served as the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins (2004), tight ends coach for the Indianapolis Colts (2002–03), offensive line coach for the Tampa Buccaneers (1996–2001) and assistant offensive line/tight ends coach for the Minnesota Vikings (1993–95).
With a total of 26 years coaching experience, Foerster also made an impact in the collegiate ranks, serving as the offensive line coach for the University of Minnesota (1992), assistant offensive line/special teams coach for Stanford (1988–91) and offensive line coach for Colorado State (1983–87). He began his coaching career in 1982 as a graduate assistant at Colorado State after a successful career with the Rams as a center from 1979-82. Foerster originally joined the Rams football team as a walk-on before earning a scholarship as a sophomore.
- 1982 Colorado State University (GA)
- 1983-1987 Colorado State University (OL)
- 1988-1991 University of Stanford (AOL/ST)
- 1992 University of Minnesota (OL)
- 1993-1995 Minnesota Vikings (TE/AOL)
- 1996-2001 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (OL)
- 2002-2003 Indianapolis Colts (TE)
- 2004 Miami Dolphins (OC)
- 2005-2007 Baltimore Ravens (OL)
- 2008-2009 San Francisco 49ers (OL)
- 2010-Present Washington Redskins (OL)
Foerster was born on October 12, 1961 in Milwaukee, WI.
|Miami Dolphins Offensive Coordinators|
| Succeeded by|