|Conference||Big East Conference|
|Born||May 12, 1959|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|Virginia Tech (Student Asst.)|
Minnesota (Graduate Asst.)
Southeast Missouri (DC)
Illinois (LB & Asst. HC)
Illinois(LB & DC)
Michigan State (DC)
South Carolina (LB)
South Carolina (LB & DC)
Kansas State (LB)
Maryland (LB & DC)
Kansas State (Co-DC & Asst HC)
Kansas State (DC & Asst HC)
Chris Cosh (born May 12, 1959), is an American football coach and most recently held the position of defensive coordinator at the University of South Florida. He was let go when USF hired Willie Taggart. Current employment unknown.
He has been a defensive coach since he started as a student assistant at Virginia Tech in 1983. Cosh has moved around a lot, with 13 stops in 25 years, including two with the Maryland Terrapins (1997 & 2006-08) and re-joining Holtz with the South Carolina Gamecocks (1999–2003).
He served as linebackers coach in 2004 and 2005 for the Kansas State Wildcats under head coach Bill Snyder, before returning to Maryland as their defensive coordinator and linebackers coach with head coach Ralph Friedgen.
While at Maryland, Cosh was frequently criticized by fans for the inconsistent performance by Maryland's defense, which was described as "poor to occasionally impressive". Friedgen praised Cosh's recruiting but showed public frustration with Cosh's in-game coaching.
On December 6, 2008 it was announced that Cosh would return to Kansas State for a second time under coach Snyder (when Snyder decided to come out of retirement to help the Wildcats) as assistant head coach (to Snyder) and co-defensive coordinator alongside Vic Koenning.
Cosh and his wife, Mary, have two sons, J.J., who is a member of the Midshipmen football team at the United States Naval Academy, and Billy, who played at Kansas State as a freshman and transferred to James Madison. He transferred to Butler Community College prior to the 2012 season. They live in Maryland.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 "Cosh Added to Wildcat Defensive Staff". - Kansas State University Wildcats official athletic site. - (kstatesports.com). - December 6, 2008
- ↑ http://web.archive.org/web/19991008194730/http://www.fansonly.com/schools/msu/sports/m-footbl/mtt/msu-m-footbl-s-cosh.html
- ↑ http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cosh_chris00.html
- ↑ Prisbell, Eric (December 6, 2008). "Maryland Assistant Cosh To Depart for Kansas State". Washington Post. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/05/AR2008120503504.html. Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- ↑ "Vic Koenning Named to Football Staff". - Kansas State University Wildcats official athletic site. - (kstatesports.com). - December 8, 2008
- ↑ http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=205364347
- ↑ http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/content/holtz-gets-his-man-cosh-run-usf-defense
- ↑ http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/011411aaa.html