|Team||New Mexico State|
|Alma mater||New Mexico State University|
Chase Andrew Holbrook is an American football coach and former starting quarterback for New Mexico State University from 2006 to 2008. He is currently the quarterbacks coach for the New Mexico State University Aggies football team. Holbrook played his freshman collegiate year at Southeastern Louisiana as a backup quarterback in 2004.
Early life[edit | edit source]
Holbrook attended L. D. Bell High School in Hurst, Texas. While at Bell, Holbrook was an option style quarterback. Due to his high school's offense, Holbrook was receiving scholarship offers from colleges that wanted him to play tight end.
College career[edit | edit source]
Holbrook received offers from Missouri, TCU and Tulsa, but turned down their offers at a chance to be a quarterback at Southeastern Louisiana. Holbrook appeared in 10 games as a true freshman for the Lions, completing 7 of 9 passes from 75 yards, in Hal Mumme's pass friendly offense. Following the 2004 season, Mumme took the head coaching job at New Mexico State, and Holbrook followed him still wanting to play quarterback. Holbrook sat out the 2005 season due to NCAA transfer rules. Holbrook was named the starting quarterback for the Aggies the following fall. During his collegiate career Holbrook played a total of 44 games, completing 1,093 of 1,575 attempts for a total of 11,921 yards with 85 touchdowns and 41 interceptions. In his first year at NMSU he threw for 4,619 yards and had 4,541 yards of total offense, setting an NCAA single-season record. That same season he scored 34 touchdowns with only 9 interceptions, breaking many of the school's single-season records in the process.
College career statistics[edit | edit source]
|NCAA Career Totals||1,093||1,575||11,921||69.4||85||41||145.6||218||-266||-1.2||8|
Professional career[edit | edit source]
Coaching career[edit | edit source]
McMurry[edit | edit source]
In 2009, Holbrook followed coach Mumme to McMurry University, where he was named the running backs coach. After two seasons as the running backs coach, Holbrook was named quarterbacks coach in 2011. Holbrook added offensive coordinator to his duties in 2013.
New Mexico Highlands[edit | edit source]
Tarleton State[edit | edit source]
In February 2015, Holbrook was hired as the passing game coordinator and quarterbacks coach for Tarleton State University.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Still "Chase-Ing" His Dream: Chase Holbrook Not Giving Up NFL Hope". www.bleacherreport.com. Bleacher Report. March 15, 2010. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/363325-still-chase-ing-his-dream-chase-holbrook-not-giving-up-nfl-hope#articles/363325-still-chase-ing-his-dream-chase-holbrook-not-giving-up-nfl-hope. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Tim Korte (August 18, 2007). "Wishbone no more: NMSU discovers record-setting passer". www.lubbockonline.com. Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. http://lubbockonline.com/stories/081807/pro_081807072.shtml. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "Hurst's Holbrook heads to NMS". www.texasfootball.com. Texas Football/Host Interactive Group. May 31, 2005. Archived from the original on September 11, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140911001937/http://www.texasfootball.com/college-all-news/view/3283. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Geoff Grammer (October 2, 2006). "Aggies' Chase Holbrook took path less traveled to top of NCAA leader board". www.lcsun-news.com. Las Cruces Sun. Archived from the original on September 10, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140910215749/http://www.lcsun-news.com/sports/ci_4421999. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "Chase Holbrook". www.sports-reference.com. Sports Reference LLC.. https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/chase-holbrook-1.html. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Chris Bahn (April 14, 2009). "Casey Dick Among QBs To Work Out For Cowboys". www.arkansasbusiness.com. Arkansas Business Limited Partnership.. http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/17602/casey-dick-among-qbs-to-work-out-for-cowboys. Retrieved June 11, 2013.
- Joey D. Richards (April 23, 2010). "McMurry coach can empathize with NFL draft prospects". www.reporternews.com. Abilene Reporter-News. http://www.reporternews.com/news/coach-empathizes-with-prospects. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Teddy Feinberg (June 22, 2011). "Classy Holbrook joins Mumme at McMurry". www.lcsun-news.com. Las Cruces Sun. Archived from the original on September 10, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140910200022/http://www.alamogordonews.com/alamogordo-sports/ci_18331439. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- "McMurry Football Announces Staff Promotions". www.bigcountryhomepage.com. Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc.. April 16, 2013. http://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/story/d/story/mcmurry-football-announces-staff-promotions/30785/Tuopt1cjPUSpNCMJwey-Ug. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
- Teddy Feinberg (May 25, 2014). "NMSU FOOTBALL: Former Aggie quarterback Chase Holbrook expected to be hired at NM Highlands as offensive coordinator". www.lcsun-news.com. Las Cruces Sun. Archived from the original on September 10, 2014. https://web.archive.org/web/20140910215733/http://www.lcsun-news.com/las_cruces-sports/ci_25832175/nmsu-football-former-aggie-quarterback-chase-holbrook-expected?source=rss. Retrieved September 10, 2014.
[edit | edit source]
|This biographical article relating to an American football quarterback is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|