|Born:||December 18, 1972|
|High school:||Louisville (KY) St. Xavier|
|Career highlights and awards
Chad O'Shea (born December 18, 1972) is an American football coach and former player who is the offensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He previously was a coach for the New England Patriots, Minnesota Vikings, and Kansas City Chiefs.
O'Shea served as a graduate assistant for Houston in 1996 before being promoted to wide receivers coach in 1997. He became tight ends coach and special teams coach in 1998 and added recruiting coordinator to those duties in 1999. In 2000, O'Shea moved to the University of Southern Mississippi, where he served as special teams coach and recruiting coordinator through 2002.
Kansas City Chiefs
In 2003, O'Shea was a volunteer assistant as an assistant special teams coach for the Kansas City Chiefs under special teams coordinator Frank Gansz, a coach for Houston when O'Shea played there. He became a full-time assistant special teams coach for the Chiefs in 2004, spending two years in that capacity.
In 2006, O'Shea joined the Minnesota Vikings as an offensive assistant, working with the wide receivers in 2007 and 2008. Also in 2008, O'Shea added assistant special teams coaching responsibilities.
New England Patriots
In 2009, O'Shea became the wide receivers coach for the New England Patriots. On February 5, 2017, O'Shea was part of the Patriots coaching staff that won Super Bowl LI. In the game, the Patriots defeated the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 34–28 in overtime.
NFL head coaches under whom Chad O’Shea has served:
- Dick Vermeil, Kansas City Chiefs (2003–2005)
- Brad Childress, Minnesota Vikings (2006–2008)
- Bill Belichick, New England Patriots (2009–2018)
- Brian Flores, Miami Dolphins (2019–present)
O'Shea and his wife Melissa have three children: daughters Claire and Grace, and son Michael.
- "Super Bowl LI - New England Patriots vs. Atlanta Falcons - February 5th, 2017". Pro-Football-Reference.com. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201702050atl.htm. Retrieved September 2, 2017.
- Nogle, Kevin (February 8, 2019). "Dolphins announce Brian Flores coaching staff". The Phinsider. https://www.thephinsider.com/2019/2/8/18217408/miami-dolphins-coaching-change-2019-brian-flores-staff-chad-oshea-patrick-graham-jim-caldwell. Retrieved February 8, 2019.
Template:Super Bowl XLIX Template:Super Bowl LI Template:Super Bowl LIII
|Current offensive coordinators of the National Football League|
|American Football Conference|
|AFC East||AFC North||AFC South||AFC West|
|National Football Conference|
|NFC East||NFC North||NFC South||NFC West|