| File:Chad-Hall August-2010.jpg |
Hall with the Philadelphia Eagles
|Position:||Wide receivers coach|
|Born:||May 23, 1986|
|High school:||Wesleyan School|
(Peachtree Corners, Georgia)
|Career NFL statistics|
Chandler "Chad" Hall (born May 23, 1986) is an American football coach and former player. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an unrestricted free agent in 2010 after going undrafted in 2008. He played college football at Air Force. Hall has also played for the San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, and Jacksonville Jaguars. He is currently a wide receivers coach for the Buffalo Bills. Hall is the brother of Kelly Hall Stafford, married to Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford.
After graduating from Wesleyan School in Norcross, Georgia, Hall attended the United States Air Force Academy, where he lettered in football for three years. He was initially recruited to play quarterback, but after his freshman year he was converted to running back. During his senior year, he played wide receiver in addition to running back and return specialist.
Hall set an Air Force record with 275 yards rushing in a win against Army on November 3, 2007. He also rushed for one touchdown, caught three passes for 19 yards, and returned three punts for 39 yards.
On November 10 against Notre Dame, Hall rushed for 132 yards on 32 carries, caught two passes for 31 yards, and returned three kickoffs for 99 yards. He finished with 272 all-purpose yards in the win.
He was the only player in the country to lead his team in rushing and receiving during his senior year. He finished third in the nation in all-purpose yards. Late in his senior year (2007), he was campaigned to win the Heisman Trophy.
Hall was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles to a three-year contract on March 11, 2010. Hall had worked out at the University of Utah's Pro Day on March 8. He was waived during final cuts on September 4, and re-signed to the team's practice squad on September 5. He was promoted to the active roster on October 9 following an injury to Riley Cooper. Hall rushed for 19 yards on four carries with one reception for five yards in week 7 against the Tennessee Titans.
Hall caught his first career touchdown pass on a four-yard reception from Kevin Kolb in the 2010 season finale against the Dallas Cowboys on January 2, 2011; he finished the game with six receptions for 84 yards.
During the 2011 offseason, Hall competed for the Eagles' sixth receiver spot and punt-returning duties with Sinorice Moss and Johnnie Lee Higgins. Despite leading the team in catches and receiving yards during the preseason, Hall was waived by the Eagles during final roster cuts on September 3, 2011, as the Eagles elected to only keep five receivers on the active roster. He was re-signed to the team's practice squad the following day. Hall was promoted to the active roster on November 16.
San Francisco 49ers
Hall was signed to the San Francisco 49ers practice squad on November 27, 2012, after injuries to 49ers running back Kendall Hunter and wide receiver Kyle Williams. On January 19, 2013, he was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster and was active in the 2012-13 NFC championship game but did not record a statistic, he was inactive in Super Bowl XLVII. On August 31, 2013, Hall was cut from the San Francisco 49ers.
Kansas City Chiefs
On September 1, 2013, Hall was claimed by the Kansas City Chiefs, reuniting him with his former head coach Andy Reid. Hall was released on November 13, 2013 to make room for wide receiver Kyle Williams. However, shortly after signing, Williams was injured and Hall was subsequently re-signed on November 22, 2013. Hall was released by the Chiefs on December 7, 2013. On December 13, 2013 Hall was re-signed by the Kansas City Chiefs. Chad Hall in 2013 caught two passes, one for nine yards and one for eleven yards for the Kansas City Chiefs. Hall was released by the Chiefs on December 19, 2013.
Hall was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars on August 6, 2014, but was waived on August 16, 2014.
On February 2, 2019 Hall was promoted to Wide Receivers coach.
- Gardiner, Andy (November 11, 2007). "Air Force's Hall has magical touch all over the field". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/2007-11-06-Air-Force-Hall_N.htm. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Odum, Charles (May 12, 2008). "Former Air Force star Hall tries out with Falcons". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-05-12-3840395458_x.htm. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- "Army 10, Air Force 30". ESPN.com. November 3, 2007. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273072005. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- "Air Force 41, Notre Dame 24". ESPN.com. November 10, 2007. http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=273140087. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Bowen, Les (March 11, 2010). "Birds Take a Flyer". philly.com. http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/homepage/Birds_Take_a_Flyer.html. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Schwartz, Andy and Jordan Raanan (March 11, 2010). "Eagles Sign Former Air Force Star Hall". CSNPhilly.com. Archived from the original on January 20, 2013. https://archive.is/20130120045853/http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landing?Eagles-Sign-Former-Air-Force-Star-Hall=1&blockID=195653&feedID=704. Retrieved March 11, 2010.
- Frank, Reuben (September 5, 2010). "Eagles add Chad Hall, four others to practice squad". Burlington County Times. Archived from the original on September 8, 2010. https://web.archive.org/web/20100908111057/http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/local/burlington_county_times/bct_news_details/article/2465/2010/september/05/eagles-add-chad-hall-four-others-to-practice-squad.html. Retrieved October 24, 2010.
- Grotz, Bob (October 9, 2010). "Eagles elevate hard-working WR Hall from practice squad". The Mercury. Archived from the original on March 1, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120301184442/http://www.pottsmerc.com/articles/2010/10/09/sports/srv0000009610676.txt. Retrieved October 24, 2010.
- Grotz, Bob (October 26, 2010). "Jackson may play after bye". The Reporter. http://www.thereporteronline.com/articles/2010/10/26/sports/professional/srv0000009774543.txt. Retrieved October 28, 2010.
- McPherson, Chris (November 16, 2011). "WR Hall Back On Active Roster". philadelphiaeagles.com. http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/WR-Hall-Back-On-Active-Roster/db5ace42-4816-44ed-b57f-3947f079c3f3. Retrieved November 16, 2011.
- http://www.csnbayarea.com/football-san-francisco-niners/niners-talk/Source-49ers-to-sign-Chad-Hall-to-practi?blockID=806623&feedID=5936[dead link]
- Twitter / KCChiefs: #Chiefs have promoted TE Dominique Jones to the 53-man roster and has released WR Chad Hall.
- "Chiefs Sign WR Hall, Release DT Powe". http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Chiefs-Sign-WR-Hall-Release-DT-Powe/1948c174-42e5-4901-848e-3d25ff2d6d27.
- Twitter / KCChiefs_Rachel: #Chiefs signed defensive tackle Jerrell Powe and released wide receiver Chad Hall.
- Briggeman, Brent (February 10, 2017). "Former Air Force standout Chad Hall lands NFL coaching gig". The Gazette (Colorado Springs). http://gazette.com/former-air-force-standout-chad-hall-lands-nfl-coaching-gig/article/1596502. Retrieved July 6, 2017.