|Date of birth: Template:Birthdateandage|
|Place of birth: Chester, Virginia|
|Undrafted in 2018|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Jacksonville Jaguars ( 2018)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2018|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
Early life and high school
Reavis was born in and grew up in Chester, Virginia and attended Thomas Dale High School. He was rated as a four star recruit by 247Sports and Rivals.com, who also rated him 20th athlete nationally and 250th-ranked college prospect overall for his class. He committed to play college football at Virginia Tech over offers from Tennessee, North Carolina, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Virginia.
Reavis began his college career at Virginia Tech, playing mostly on special teams as a freshman and recording eight total tackles. He was slated to enter the Hokies starting lineup as a sophomore but was ultimately dismissed from the university going into his sophomore year due to an unspecified student conduct violation. He then transferred to East Mississippi Community College, where he played for one year and was featured in the Netflix series Last Chance U. In his lone season at East Mississippi, Reavis recorded 40 tackles, eight passes broken up and two interceptions before transferring to Marshall University. Over the course of his two seasons at Marshall, Reavis recorded 132 tackles and an interception in 21 games played.
Reavis signed with the Jacksonville Jaguars as an undrafted free agent on April 28, 2018. Reavis failed to make the 53-man roster out of training camp and was subsequently re-signed to the Jaguars' practice squad on September 2, 2018. Reavis was promoted to the Jaguars' active roster on November 27, 2018 - his 23rd birthday. Reavis made his NFL debut on December 2, 2018, recording one tackle. Reavis played in four games for the Jaguars during his rookie season, making one tackle.
Reavis was waived by the Jaguars during final roster cuts on August 31, 2019.
- Bitter, Andy (April 20, 2013). "Reports: Defensive back C.J. Reavis commits to Hokies". https://pilotonline.com/sports/college/virginia-tech/football/andy-bitter/article_c82d3c84-3c69-5297-a479-6f51b92e5d0e.html.
- Bitter, Andy (July 29, 2015). "Safety C.J. Reavis' appeal denied; lawyer blasts Virginia Tech's decision to uphold dismissal". The Roanoke Times. https://www.roanoke.com/hokies/safety-c-j-reavis-appeal-denied-lawyer-blasts-virginia-tech/article_2c6a8f2a-3615-11e5-bebb-7f2d328a2a7d.html.
- Smits, Garry (August 11, 2019). "Jaguars safety C.J. Reavis took a winding road to the NFL". The Florida Times-Union. https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20190811/jaguars-safety-cj-reavis-took-winding-road-to-nfl.
- Taylor, Grant (August 10, 2016). "'Last Chance U' a lasting reminder for C.J. Reavis". The Herald-Dispatch. http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/marshall_sports/last-chance-u-a-lasting-reminder-for-c-j-reavis/article_cf9d1d67-9123-58c5-966e-2211669d3437.html.
- Poe, Julia (July 20, 2018). "Where the Stars of Last Chance U Ended Up for the 2018 Season". SI.com. Sports Illustrated. https://www.si.com/college-football/2018/07/20/last-chance-u-players-season-3-where-are-they-now.
- "Undrafted rookie free agents from around state sign NFL tryout deals". Daily Press. April 28, 2018. https://www.dailypress.com/sports/dp-spt-nfl-free-agent-rookies-20180428-story.html.
- Template:Web cite
- Day, Ryan (November 27, 2018). "Jaguars promote C.J. Reavis to the active roster... on his birthday!". BigCatCountry.com. SB Nation. https://www.bigcatcountry.com/2018/11/27/18115023/jaguars-promote-c-j-reavis-to-the-active-roster-on-his-birthday.
- Frenette, Gene (December 2, 2018). "Jaguars Report Card: Grading the win over the Colts". Jacksonville.com. The Florida Times-Union. https://www.jacksonville.com/sports/20181202/jaguars-report-card-grading-win-over-colts.
- Murphy, Ben (August 31, 2019). "Jaguars announce 53-man roster". https://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sports/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/jaguars53manroster/77-ca2aae62-c02e-4253-aa6b-30f5ae426c8e.