Skrine in training camp
|No. 22 Cleveland Browns|
|Date of birth:April 26, 1989|
|Place of birth: Woodstock, Georgia|
|Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)||Weight: 186 lb (84 kg)|
|College: University of Tennessee at Chattanooga|
|NFL Draft: 2011 / Round: 5 / Pick: 137|
|Debuted in 2011 for the Cleveland Browns|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2012|
Darryl "Buster" Skrine (pronounced "screen") (born April 26, 1989) is an American football defensive back for the Cleveland Browns. He played college football for the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, where he was twice named to the First Team All-Southern Conference. He was selected with the 137th pick in the fifth round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. Skrine developed the nickname, "Buster," from grandmother, because his father shares the same first name.
Skrine was selected in the 5th round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the Cleveland Browns. In August 2011, Browns coach Pat Shurmur praised Skrine's performance in the pre-season: "Buster competes. He's a scrappy guy. You see him flash. Neither one is intimidated by the other. It's been good."
Skrine played sparingly early in his rookie season, but as the year went on he gained more playing time. Skrine finished his rookie season with 18 tackles, 2 pass deflections, and his first career interception that came against the Arizona Cardinals in week 15.
- ↑ "Buster Skrine Bio". UT Chattanooga. http://www.gomocs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17700&ATCLID=1600015.
- ↑ John Frierson (April 11, 2008). "Skrine emerges as young leader in secondary for UTC". Times Free Press. http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/apr/11/skrine-emerges-young-leader-secondary-utc/.
- ↑ "Ex-Mocs happy lockout is over". Times Free Press. July 26, 2011. http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jul/26/ex-mocs-happy-lockout-is-over/.
- ↑ "Browns take corner Buster Skrine in 5th round". Boston Herald. August 20, 2011. http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20110430browns_take_corner_buster_skrine_in_5th_round/srvc=home&position=recent.
- ↑ "Combine Player Proiles – Buster Skrine", nfl.com (NFL), http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/buster-skrine?id=2495343, retrieved April 30, 2011
- ↑ Mike McLain (August 11, 2011). "Rookie corner Skrine turning heads". Tribune Chronicle. http://www.tribtoday.com/page/content.detail/id/560311/Rookie-corner-Skrine-turning-heads.html?nav=5024.
- ↑ "Cleveland Browns rookie Buster Skrine quickly becoming a hit in training camp". Cleveland Plain Dealer. August 11, 2011. http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/08/post_84.html.
|This biographical article relating to an American football player, coach, or other figure is a stub. You can help The American Football Database by expanding it.|