The Burlsworth Trophy is an award given annually by the Rotary Club of Springdale, Arkansas to the most outstanding college football player who began his career as a walk-on.
The award, first awarded for the 2010 season, is named for Brandon Burlsworth, who walked on to the University of Arkansas football program in 1994 and ultimately became an All-American. Selected by the Indianapolis Colts as in the third round of the 1999 NFL draft, he was killed in a car accident shortly after the draft.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://burlsworthtrophy.com/
- ↑ "1st Burlsworth trophy goes to Ga. Tech walk-on", Associated Press in The Seattle Times, March 15, 2011.
- ↑ "Arkansas to honor Brandon Burlsworth", Associated Press at ESPN.com, August 19, 2010.
- ↑ "Southern Miss QB wins Burlsworth Award", Associated Press in Knoxville News Sentinel, December 9. 2011.
- ↑ "Penn State QB McGloin wins Burlsworth Award", Associated Press at Yahoo! Sports, December 3, 2012.