Foster with the Dolphins in 2011
|No. 17 Saskatchewan Roughriders|
|Date of birth:June 9, 1986|
|Place of birth: Boiling Springs, South Carolina|
|Height: 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)||Weight: 205 lb (93 kg)|
|College: North Carolina|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 5 / Pick: 160|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NFL.com|
High school Edit
Foster attended Boiling Springs High School in South Carolina. He caught 56 passes for 759 yards and seven touchdowns as a senior and caught 35 passes for 500 yards and scored eight touchdowns as a junior.
While redshirting on the Tar Heels football team during his freshman year in 2004-05, Foster walked on to the men's basketball team at North Carolina. As such, he was a member of the 2005 national championship team that gave Coach Roy Williams his first ring.
As a senior at North Carolina in 2008, Brooks caught 30 passes for 334 yards and two touchdowns, playing in 13 games. In 2007 Brooks played in 11 games, with no starts. He was second on team with 417 receiving yards on 29 catches and two touchdowns. In 2006 he played in 12 games with no starts can caught 38 passes for 486 yards and two touchdowns. In 2005 he played in five games but did not record a catch and the previous sesson, 2004, he redshirted.
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 0½ in||201 lb||4.38 s||1.52 s||2.59 s||4.18 s||6.87 s||38½ in||10 ft 7 in||27 rep||22|
St. Louis RamsEdit
On April 26, 2009, Foster was drafted in the fifth round by the St. Louis Rams. Unfortunately, his rookie season would be cut short after injuring his ankle against the New York Jets during a preseason contest on August 14, 2009. Foster's injury required surgery and subsequently the then rookie was placed on the Injured Reserved list. In spite of the fact that Foster was striving to hang on with the Rams, Foster was waived by St. Louis on August 22, 2010.
New York JetsEdit
Miami DolphinsEditOn September 30, 2010, the Miami Dolphins signed Foster to the team's practice squad. He was later waived on August 16, 2011. 
Foster was signed to the Saskatchewan Roughriders practice roster in July 2012. He played his first game for the Roughriders on Sept 1st, 2012 in the Labour Day Classic against the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.
- ↑ Tar Heel Blue.com
- ↑ Ravens.com
- ↑ Tarheel times.
- ↑ Clan Ram.com
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Staff Reports (August 22, 2010), "Boiling Springs product Foster waived by St. Louis", GoUpstate.com (GoUpstate), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5twYLIohI, retrieved November 2, 2010
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Coats, Bill (May 20, 2010), "WR Brooks Foster strives to crack Rams roster", STLToday.com (STLToday), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5twYecyUz, retrieved November 2, 2010
- ↑ Associated Press (August 24, 2010), "Jets claim WR Brooks Foster off waivers from Rams", ESPN.com (ESPN.com), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5twXlEz4r, retrieved November 2, 2010
- ↑ Mehta, Manish (September 3, 2010), "Jets in process of trimming roster to 53", NYDailyNews.com (New York Daily News), http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/09/jets-in-process-of-trimming-ro.html, retrieved November 2, 2010
- ↑ Wilson, Aaron (September 30, 2010), "Dolphins sign Brooks Foster to practice squad", NationalFootballPost.com (National Football Post), archived from the original on November 2, 2010, http://www.webcitation.org/5twXQWof7, retrieved November 2, 2010
- ↑ "Dolphins Sign Matthews; Waive Foster", miamidolphins.com, http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/dolphins-sign-matthews-waive-foster, retrieved August 16, 2011