| refer to caption |
Boddy-Calhoun with the Browns during the 2017 preseason
|Born:||January 21, 1993|
|Height:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Weight:||193 lb (88 kg)|
|High school:||Delcastle Technical|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2018|
Boddy-Calhoun attended Delcastle Technical High School, where he played high school football. He was named first-team all-conference and third-team all-state as a defensive back following his junior season. As a senior, he earned first-team all-state defensive back and second-team all-state kick returner honors. He was a three-time honorable mention all-conference selection as a quarterback. In addition to football, he was a standout in track & field and basketball. He earned all-state honors as a high jumper and was a two-time all-conference selection as a point guard in basketball.
Coffeyville Community CollegeEdit
After graduating high school, Boddy-Calhoun attended and played football for Coffeyville Community College. He named second-team All-Jayhawk Conference as a cornerback after his only season as a member of the Red Ravens. He earned Jayhawk Conference Defensive Player of the Week honors twice and Special Teams Player of the Week once. He tallied 40 tackles, four interceptions, three fumble recoveries, and a blocked kick in his time with Coffeyville Community College.
University of MinnesotaEdit
Boddy-Calhoun transferred to the University of Minnesota after one season at Coffeyville Community College. He played in all 13 games as a reserve and made nine tackles. He made Minnesota debut at UNLV, but did not record any statistics. He had a career-high four tackles against Texas Tech.
Boddy-Calhoun suffered a season-ending knee injury in the second game of his junior season on September 7 at New Mexico State. He received a medical redshirt from the NCAA. He did contribute to the season early on. He made three tackles and returned an interception against UNLV. He made two tackles at New Mexico State before being injured.
Boddy-Calhoun played in 13 games and started 10 in his redshirt junior season. He finished the year with 51 tackles, including 2.0 tackles-for-loss and recorded five interceptions. He broke up nine passes and forced two fumbles and recovered one fumble. He was named All-Big Ten First Team by the media and All-Big Ten Second Team by conference coaches.
Boddy-Calhoun played in 11 games and started nine games in his final season with Minnesota. He made 48 tackles, including 1.5 tackles-for-loss and paced the team with four interceptions and returned one for a touchdown. He broke up six passes and recovered a fumble. He was named All-Big Ten Third Team by the media and was an honorable mention selection by the conference coaches in recognition of his successful season.
|16px Boddy-Calhoun's NFL Combine workout|
|Ht||WtArm lengthHand size||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP|
|5 ft 9 in||193 lb31 in9 ⅛ in||4.47 s||1.59 s||2.64 s||4.22 s||7.16 s||35 in||10 ft 4 in||10 reps|
On September 4, 2016, one day after his release from the Jaguars, Boddy-Calhoun was claimed off waivers by the Cleveland Browns. He made his regular season NFL debut against the Miami Dolphins in a 24-30 loss in Week 3. Boddy-Calhoun finished the game with six tackles and an interception return for a touchdown. In the 2016 season, he recorded 39 tackles and assisted on four. He had one sack, which came against the Washington Redskins in Week 4, three interceptions, and 11 passes defended.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "GOPHERSPORTS.COM Briean Boddy-Calhoun Bio :: University of Minnesota Official Athletic Site :: Football". http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/briean_boddy_calhoun_793589.html.
- ↑ "Jaguars agree to terms with nine undrafted rookie free agents". Jaguars.com. May 1, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170813013120/http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-JaguarsNews/Jaguars-agree-to-terms-with-nine-undrafted-rookie-free-agents/4a645a28-b29a-4d57-875e-a96e7a860c91. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- ↑ Oehser, John (September 3, 2016). "Down to 53: LB Davis, OG Bernadeau released". Jaguars.com. https://web.archive.org/web/20170813013636/http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-jaguarsnews/down-to-53-lb-davis-og-bernadeau-released/d39aa0b3-fc8a-47df-9a6d-c71d01ffa980. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- ↑ "Browns claim 5 players, sign 4 to practice squad". ClevelandBrowns.com. September 4, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20170824094014/http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-claim-5-players-sign-4-to-practice-squad/a95c38d8-8690-446a-b808-ebd134e55f44. Retrieved September 25, 2016.
- ↑ "Briean Boddy-Calhoun picks off Ryan Tannehill and returns for pick-six - NFL Videos". NFL.com. September 25, 2016. http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000708773/briean-boddy-calhoun-grabs-int-returns-for-a-browns-td. Retrieved October 1, 2016.
- ↑ "Briean Boddy-Calhoun". http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/2970694/briean-boddy-calhoun.
- ↑ "Texans sign free agent CB Briean Boddy-Calhoun". March 15, 2019. https://www.houstontexans.com/news/texans-sign-free-agent-cb-briean-boddy-calhoun.
- ↑ "Texans trim roster to 53 players". 31 August 2019. https://www.houstontexans.com/news/texans-trim-roster-to-53-players. Retrieved 31 August 2019.