Brian Quick while at Appalachian State.
|No. 83 St. Louis Rams|
|Date of birth:June 5, 1989|
|Place of birth: Columbia, South Carolina|
|High School: Columbia (SC) Ridge View|
|College: Appalachian State|
|NFL Draft: 2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 33|
|Debuted in 2012 for the St. Louis Rams|
|* St. Louis Rams ( 2012–present)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2× FCS All-American First Team (2010, 2011)|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 17, 2012|
Brian Rumeal Quick (born June 5, 1989) is an American football wide receiver for the St. Louis Rams of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Appalachian State. He was considered one of the top wide receiver prospects for the 2012 NFL Draft.
A native of Columbia, South Carolina, Quick attended Ridge View High School, where he was a basketball standout until switching to football only in his senior year. He was unrated as a football prospect by Rivals.com.
As a freshman he did not not register a catch in two games before sitting out the rest of the season with a back injury. The next season, 2008, he rebounded from a slow start to become one of the nation’s top receivers over the final month-and-a-half of the season. In 2009 Quick caught 61 passes for a team-best 982 yards for 16.1 yards-per-catch average. As a junior in 2010 Quick earned First-team All-America honors from Sporting News and was voted Second-team All-Southern Conference by the league’s coaches and media while leading ASU with 47 receptions, 844 receiving yards, nine touchdown catches and 18.0-yards-per-catch average. In his senior year, Quick recorded 71 receptions for 1,096 yards with 11 touchdowns. Sporting News named Quick to its Division I FCS All-America team as did the AFCA and he received Second-team accolades from the Associated Press and The Sports Network.
2012 NFL DraftEdit
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|6 ft 3¾ in||220 lb||4.53 s||1.47 s||2.59 s||4.23 s||7.10 s||34 in||9 ft 11 in||15 rep||x|
St. Louis RamsEdit
At the 2012 NFL Draft, Quick was selected in the second round, 33rd overall by the St. Louis Rams. He is the highest draft pick to have ever been selected out of Appalachian State. In his rookie season, Quick got most of his playing time off of the bench, appearing in 15 games. By the conclusion of the season, he recorded 11 receptions for 156 yards and 2 touchdowns, showing high potential as a future possible starter.
- ↑ "Brian Quick | Appalachian State, WR". NFL Draft Scout. The Sports Xchange. Archived from the original on January 26, 2012. http://www.webcitation.org/64zf3XXnm. Retrieved January 26, 2012.
- ↑ Kendall, Josh (April 24, 2012). "Former Ridge View star switched sports and now is making a beeline for the NFL". The State. http://www.thestate.com/2012/04/24/2247332/former-ridge-view-star-switched.html.
- ↑ http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Brian-Quick-59623
- ↑ http://www.goasu.com/fls/21500/StatsHTML/football/2011/teamcume.htm#TEAM.IND
- ↑ "Brian Quick". NFL Draftscout.com. 2012-04-29. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&biw=1276&bih=839&q=austim+pettis+nfldraftscout&aq=f&aqi=g-l3&aql=&oq=. Retrieved 2012-04-28.
- ↑ 2012 NFL Draft
- ↑ [espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14914/brian-quick]