|Date of birth:July 29, 1989|
|Place of birth: Granger, Indiana|
|College: Notre Dame|
|Undrafted in 2013|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Cleveland Browns ( 2013)*|
|Roster status: Active|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 3rd-team AP All-American|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
High school careerEdit
Cave played for Penn High School in Mishawaka, Indiana. Cave was one of 12 finalists for Indiana's "Mr. Football" award, he was named to the Indiana top-50 all-state team by the Indiana Football Coaches Association, he was runner-up for the Offensive Lineman of the Year Award sponsored by the Indianapolis Star, and he made the Scout.com All-America second team. Cave was selected to play in the first Under Armour All-America Game in Orlando, Florida.
Cave played college ball for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish in nearby South Bend, Indiana. He was a starter beginning in 2010, his junior year. He was injured in 2011, missing the rest of the year, and played as a fifth-year senior in 2012. He was named a third-team Associated Press All-American.
Cave went undrafted in the 2013 NFL Draft. He was signed by the Cleveland Browns for the preseason but did not make the team. In 2014, he was a preseason signing of the New England Patriots, but again was cut.
In September 2015, Cave was cut by the Detroit Lions during the final round of roster cuts, but was later signed to the team's practice squad. He was signed to the active roster off the practice squad on December 30, 2015 before the Lions' final game of the 2015 season.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Braxston Cave". nfl.com. http://www.nfl.com/player/braxstoncave/2539977/draft. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "52 Braxston Cave". http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cave_braxston00.html. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ↑ "Browns release seven players". Cleveland Browns. August 30, 2013. http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-1/Browns-release-seven-players/538731ae-3528-4fc6-ac98-bf9858807001. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ↑ "Patriots release 19 players". New England Patriots. http://www.patriots.com/news/2014/08/30/patriots-release-19-players. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ↑ Smith, Michael David (September 5, 2015). "Preseason star Zach Zenner makes it as Lions get down to 53". NBC Sports. Archived from the original on September 6, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150906171000/http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/09/05/preseason-star-zach-zenner-makes-it-as-lions-get-down-to-53/. Retrieved January 3, 2016.
- ↑ Katzenstein, Josh (December 30, 2015). "Lions sign center Cave from practice squad". Detroit News. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/12/30/lions-sign-center-cave-practice-squad/78080292/. Retrieved January 3, 2016.