|Date of birth:December 10, 1985|
|Place of birth: Dublin, Virginia|
|Undrafted in 2009|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Indianapolis Colts ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* ArenaBowl champion (2012)|
|Stats at NFL.com|
|Stats at pro-football-reference.com|
|Stats at ArenaFan.com|
Anderson attended Pulaski County High School in Dublin, Virginia. While at Pulaski, Anderson played football, basketball and ran track & field. As a member of the football team, Anderson played both running back and defensive back.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
| Brandon Anderson|
|Dublin, Virginia||Hargrave Military Academy||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)||160 lb (73 kg)||4.4||Dec 26, 2004|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: -- (CB) Rivals: -- (CB), -- (VA)|
In 2005 as a freshman, Anderson recorded 22 tackles and one interception playing as a special teams player and reserve defensive back In 2006, he returned 11 kickoffs for 157 yards with a long of 28 yards. Recorded 27 tackles and one interception. He also forced a fumble. He recorded 17 tackles and one sack in 2007. His senior year, he returned one kickoff for 17 yards. Had a career high 42 tackles and had one interception. During his college career, he recorded 108 tackles, 1 sack, 1 forced fumble, and 3 interceptions.
Prior to the 2009 NFL Draft, Anderson was projected to be undrafted by NFLDraftScout.com. He was rated as the 79th-best cornerback in the draft. Anderson averaged 4.42 on his 40-yard dash, but ran a 4.34 on his fastest attempt. He was not invited to the NFL Scouting Combine, he posted the following numbers during his Akron pro-day workouts:
|Ht||Wt||40-yd dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert||Broad||BP||Wonderlic|
|5 ft 10 in||175 lb||4.42 s||1.54 s||2.53 s||34 in||10 ft 3 in|
Anderson signed with the Indianapolis Colts after going undrafted.
Anderson was a practice squad member of the Cleveland Browns in 2009.
Tampa Bay BuccaneersEdit
Anderson signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2009. After a season on the practice squad, the Buccaneers dressed Anderson for 3 games in 2010, where he did not record any statistics.
San Jose SaberCatsEdit
Anderson was assigned to the Chicago Rush for the 2013 season, but was placed on recallable reassignment by the Rush before the season began.
Two days after the Rush placed Anderson on recallable reassignment, he was claimed by the Cleveland Gladiators. Anderson played the 2013 season with the Gladiators. He was reassigned on November 21, 2013.
Anderson now lives at home with his parents and works with youth of Pulaski County in Virginia.
- ↑ "Former Pulaski Cougars player signs with NFL’s Colts". www.southwesttimes.com. The Southwest Times. 2009. http://www.southwesttimes.com/2009/05/archive-3475/. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ "NFL Alumni". www.hargravesports.com. Hargrave Military Academy. http://hargravesports.com/sports/2011/5/11/PGFB_0511115311.aspx?path=pgfootball. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ "2004 Hargrave Military Academy Football Roster". www.scout.com. Microsoft. http://nyg.scout.com/a.z?s=64&p=8&c=2&nid=10639&yr=2004. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ "Brandon Anderson". www.rivals.com. Yahoo!. http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Anderson-33690;_ylt=AmPhIbFO6TMPZGB3EDmEQpxDPZB4. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 "Brandon Anderson college stats". www.espn.go.com. ESPN Internet Ventures. http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12954/type/college/brandon-anderson. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 "Brandon Anderson, DS #79 CD, Akron". www.nfldraftscout.com. The Sports Xchange. http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=56423&draftyear=2009&genpos=CB. Retrieved June 14, 2013.
- ↑ "SaberCats Add Former Tampa Bay Buccaneers Defensive Back Brandon Anderson". www.oursportscentral.com. OurSports Central. January 12, 2012. http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=4341723. Retrieved June 14, 2013.