|Kentucky Wildcats — No. N/A|
|Date of birth:August 31, 1900|
|Place of birth: Paris, Kentucky|
|High school: Paris|
|Career highlights and awards|
Robert Edward Lavin (August 31, 1900 – November 1, 1972) was a college football and basketball player for the Kentucky Wildcats. On the football team, Lavin was a quarterback for coach Bill Juneau's Wildcats. In the 55–0 loss to Centre in 1921, Lavin was his team's lone star. The 1921 team scored on Vanderbilt for the first time. He was a guard on the basketball team, playing with Basil Hayden. The 1921 basketball team won a Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association (SIAA) championship.
- ↑ "Kentucky Romps Over Maryville". The Kentucky Kernel: p. 6. October 15, 1920. http://exploreuk.uky.edu/catalog/xt79057cs06j_6/viewer.
- ↑ Camp, Walter (1922). National Collegiate Athletic Association Football Rules: Official Intercollegiate Football Guide. 45 Rose St, New York: American Sports: Spalding's Athletic Library. https://archive.org/details/officialnational07nation.
- ↑ Russell, Fred, and Maxwell Edward Benson. Fifty Years of Vanderbilt Football. Nashville, TN, 1938
- ↑ http://kdl.kyvl.org/catalog/xt7ht727b08t_1_1
- ↑ http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/statistics/Players/Lavin_Bob.html
- ↑ Tom Wallace. The University of Kentucky Basketball Encyclopedia. p. 33. https://books.google.com/books?id=K-8sAgAAQBAJ&pg=PA33-IA38#v=onepage&q&f=false.