|Halfback, Tailback, Safety|
|Date of birth: January 30, 1936|
|Place of birth: South Dakota|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1958)|
|Career highlights and awards|
|*First-team All-American (1957)|
Robert J. Stransky (born January 30, 1936) was an American football player. He grew up in Yankton, South Dakota, and attended the University of Colorado where he played college football at the tailback and safety positions for the Colorado Buffaloes football team from 1956 to 1957. He finished the 1957 season ranked second in the country with 1,097 rushing yards, and he was selected by the Football Writers Association of America and the International News Service as a first-team back on their respective 1957 College Football All-America Teams. He later played professional football in the Canadian Football League as a halfback for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (1958) and BC Lions (1959). He was inducted into the University of Colorado Athletic Hall of Fame in 2010.
- ↑ Irv Moss (November 7, 2005). "Star of a strange game: Today's football far from that of CU great's time". Denver Post. http://www.denverpost.com/moss/ci_3190271.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Josh Pape. "Colorado Athletic Hall Of Fame Profile: Bob Stransky". http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205026011. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
- ↑ Ted Gangi, ed. "FWAA All-America Since 1944: The All-Time Team". http://www.sportswriters.net/fwaa/awards/allamerica/alltime.pdf. Retrieved February 8, 2015.
- ↑ "Crow, Forrestal Picked on INS All-America". Reading Eagle: p. 38. November 24, 1957. https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1955&dat=19571124&id=LoYtAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Q5oFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3016,3655813.
- ↑ "Player database". cflapedia. http://www.cflapedia.com/Database/s.htm. Retrieved February 16, 2015.