|Born||October 2, 1939|
Deadwood, South Dakota
|Died||May 16, 2019 (aged 79)|
Schloredt was born in Deadwood, South Dakota in 1939 and attended Gresham High School in suburban Portland. He was blinded in his left eye from a fireworks injury suffered at the age of five. 
Schloredt played quarterback and defensive back for the Washington Huskies from 1958 to 1960. In 1959, Schloredt earned Associated Press first-team All-America honors as a quarterback while also leading the Huskies with six interceptions that season. In 1960, he became the first University of Washington football player to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated.
Schloredt was awarded the 1959 W. J. Voit Memorial Trophy as the outstanding football player on the Pacific Coast. He named the Most Valuable Player of the 1960 and 1961 Rose Bowl games. He was the first two-time recipient, later joined by Charles White, Ron Dayne, and Vince Young.
Schloredt's family announced his death on May 16, 2019.
- "Bob Schloredt". Cflapedia.com. http://www.cflapedia.com/Players/s/schloredt_bob.htm. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- "Sport: The Bowls". Time. January 11, 1960. http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,894662,00.html. Retrieved January 14, 2010.
- "Where Are They Now: Bob Schloredt, Huskies QB". seattlepi.com. 2005-07-19. http://www.seattlepi.com/sports/article/Where-Are-They-Now-Bob-Schloredt-Huskies-QB-1178709.php. Retrieved 2016-11-01.
- Vorel, Mike (May 17, 2019), "Legendary UW Huskies quarterback Bob Schloredt dies at 79", The Seattle Times, https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/legendary-uw-huskies-quarterback-bob-schloredt-dies-at-79/
- Raley, Dan (July 20, 2005). "Where Are They Now: Bob Schloredt, Huskies QB". Seattle Post-Intelligencer. http://www.seattlepi.com/huskies/233237_where20.html. Retrieved 2008-08-14.
- "Bob Schloredt". College Football Hall of Fame. Football Foundation. https://footballfoundation.org/hof_search.aspx?hof=1804. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- "UW Husky legend, Bob Schloredt, passes away at 79". https://komonews.com/sports/huskies/uw-husky-legend-bob-schloredt-passes-away-at-79. Retrieved 2019-05-16.