Pascoe with the Atlanta Falcons
|Date of birth:February 23, 1986|
|Place of birth: Porterville, California|
|College: Fresno State|
|NFL Draft: 2009 / Round: 6 / Pick: 184|
|No regular season or postseason appearances|
|* San Francisco 49ers ( 2009)*|
|Career highlights and awards|
|* 2× All-WAC (2007, 2008)|
McKenna Sean "Bear" Pascoe (born February 23, 1986) is an American football tight end who is currently a free agent. He was drafted by the San Francisco 49ers in the sixth round of the 2009 NFL Draft. He played college football at Fresno State.
Born and raised in Porterville, California, Pascoe is the son of Sean and Julie Pascoe. He is an accomplished team roper, which he learned to do on his family's ranch. He attended Ducor Union Elementary school. With recognized athletic ability, he played quarterback at Granite Hills High School. He ranked as offensive player of the year for the East Yosemite League and was also named to the All-Area team.
He was recruited by Fresno State coming out of high school. His younger cousin is Vince Pascoe, who also played tight end for Fresno State.
As a tight end at Fresno State, Pascoe tied the record for most touchdown receptions in a game, with three against Texas A&M in 2007. He also holds the school record for most field goal blocks in a career, with six.
New York GiantsEdit
On December 4, 2009, he was promoted to the Giants active roster. He made his first career catch against the Washington Redskins for 9 yards in Week 15 of the 2009 NFL season. He was waived during final cuts on September 4, 2010. On September 5, 2010, the Giants re-signed Pascoe to the team's practice squad.
Pascoe caught his first career touchdown in the 2011-2012 season NFC Championship Game against the San Francisco 49ers who drafted him and released him. Rich Eisen later referenced to the play by comparing Pascoe with Rob Gronkowski. The New York Giants went on to win that game and advance to face the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XLVI. Jake Ballard was sidelined in the Super Bowl XLVI after he tore his anterior cruciate ligament in the fourth quarter, but Pascoe, mostly used as a blocking tight end, caught 4 passes for 33 yards, helping the Giants defeat the Patriots, 21–17.
New England PatriotsEdit
- ↑ Fucillo, David (2009-04-26). "49ers draft pick conference call: 6th round pick Bear Pascoe". https://www.ninersnation.com/2009/4/26/854980/49ers-draft-pick-conference-call.
- ↑ Crumpacker, John (2009-05-22). "A Niner and a cowboy". https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/A-Niner-and-a-cowboy-3230749.php.
- ↑ http://akron.scout.com/a.z?s=333&p=8&c=1&nid=1127295
- ↑ "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 6, 2012. https://web.archive.org/web/20120406135716/http://www.gobulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pascoe_bear00.html. Retrieved October 31, 2011.
- ↑ "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Bear Pascoe" (in en). http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bear-pascoe?id=79625#tabs:tab-overview.
- ↑ "Bear Pascoe: Game Logs at NFL.com". http://www.nfl.com/player/bearpascoe/79625/gamelogs?season=2009.
- ↑ "Giants tight end Boss ruled out with concussion" (in en). 2010-09-15. https://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=5575650.
- ↑ "Super Bowl XLVI - New York Giants vs. New England Patriots - February 5th, 2012" (in en). https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201202050nwe.htm.
- ↑ "Falcons sign former Giants tight end Bear Pascoe". USA Today. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/05/01/falcons-sign-former-giants-tight-end-bear-pascoe/8575775/. Retrieved May 1, 2014.
- ↑ "Archived copy". http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-sign-veteran-tight-end-Pascoe/44223d08-1683-4677-9654-0fd21200061f.
- ↑ Mayer, Larry (September 5, 2015). "Bears make cuts to reduce roster to 53". Archived from the original on September 7, 2015. https://web.archive.org/web/20150907175031/http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Bears-make-cuts-to-reduce-roster-to-53/ca05e586-e3b2-4a29-9302-a3e795dfd313. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- ↑ Katzenstein, Josh (December 15, 2015). "Lions waive RT LaAdrian Waddle". Detroit News. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/12/15/lions-waive-rt-laadrian-waddle/77381970/. Retrieved December 15, 2015.
- ↑ Buchmasser, Bernd. "Patriots continue to trim their roster; release TE Bear Pascoe". http://www.patspulpit.com/2016/8/22/12586916/patriots-continue-to-trim-their-roster-release-te-bear-pascoe.